Thread: transfer of uk state pension?

Default transfer of uk state pension?

Hi

I have looked at all the pension threads and can't find any info. I was lead to believe you can transfer your uk state pension to nz? I think it was four corners consultants that told me,but I'm struggling to see how.....

help please

thanks,

G

Quote Originally Posted by holland View Post
    I have looked at all the pension threads and can't find any info. I was lead to believe you can transfer your uk state pension to nz? I think it was four corners consultants that told me,but I'm struggling to see how.....
    I may be totally wrong here, but I don't think it is a matter of transfering, rather of NZ recognising NI contributions made in the UK (and vice versa) so that if you paid contributions for 20 years in the UK and then emigrate, they will take those 20 years into account.

The department for Work and Pensions have a leaflet "SA8: Social Security agreement between the UK and New Zealand" which is on the DWP website downloadable as a pdf (sorry, don't have a link at hand). I found this to explain some of my questions, it has a section on State Pensions.

Hope this helps at all,

Daniela

Thanks so much for information, so much appreciated

graham

You will need to contact The Centre of Non Residency part of Overseas Branch Newcastle on 0191 218 7777 4 weeks before leaving the U.K. Its worth knowing that you can continue to pay your national insurance contributions to the U.K even when you are a resident in NZ. This will boost your U.K pension when you retire. I would also contact NZ work and income to ask how a UK pension is taken into account. It varies from country to country, and the rules can and are complex.

Thanks Stejude, really appreciate advice

J and g x