Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rapeseed Oil

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    1,793

    Default Rapeseed Oil

    What is NZ's version of UK's rapeseed oil please? I haven't any rapeseed oil in any supermarket, also friend failed to find any in health shop, so i wondering it is in other name??
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    What is NZ's version of UK's rapeseed oil please? I haven't any rapeseed oil in any supermarket, also friend failed to find any in health shop, so i wondering it is in other name??
    Thanks
    It's name in NZ is Canola oil and it is everywhere.

    Ian

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    It's name in NZ is Canola oil and it is everywhere.

    Ian
    This is what we were told, but if you google Canola oil then it might not technically be the same as rapeseed oil i.e. it is derived from rapeseed but is a lower fat version? Suggest you read the definition to see if it is suitable?

    Ian

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Thanks, been to supermarket this morning and had look at canola oil. It stated Rapeseed oil and vitmain added. Baby Eliot will be pleased to have his massage later to get rid of his dry skin.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Canterbury to UK
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Nurse Clare says use olive oil as she uses it all the time at work

    Ben

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Nurse Clare says use olive oil as she uses it all the time at work

    Ben
    That interesting as I was told by midwife in UK after had Romilly to use rapeseed oil as ideal for baby with very dry skin. Will try olive oil next time, thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,691

    Default

    I have tried olive oil for dry skin too....very good for cradle cap aswell...but leaves baby with oily hair for few days...still it smells nice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •