Thread: Fonterra Milk - where to buy A2 milk?

Default Fonterra Milk - where to buy A2 milk?

Upon watching TV earlier in the week (on 60 mins? Close-up? sorry can't remember), I was shocked how the flawed protein A1 found in NZ's dairy supply is linked to causing all sorts of illnesses. So much that a book is being made about it (not to my surprise either).

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4199822a3600.html
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4205434a12935.html

Of course you can't blame big profit driven corporations. So my question is does anyone know of a specific brand of milk that is made from A2 strain of cows? Something I can buy at at Pak n Save or elsewhere.

I know it may not be possible to avoid any of the A1 strain (as it can be used in all diary products like ice cream). So my goal isn't to avoid it completely.

More difficult, i live in Christchurch:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4201018a24035.html

BQ

Here is a link to the A@ Corp's website telling you about availability

http://www.a2corporation.com/index.php/pi_pageid/22

There is a link to a "science" page lots of words on it.

Makes you wonder how all of those generations of ancestors survived, if they drank the old stuff.

PS. I'm a skeptic.

I don't know where to buy it but I read up on the A1/A2 milk after reading one of those articles and....most of the milk in the USA and UK at least is predominantly A1 mixed.
    NZ is in some ways in the front of the world for agricultural research so it isn't surprising that it's become a craze there first.
    Don't take the press of A1 milk = bad as a NZ specific thing for milk...chances are you were drinking A1 mixed milk before you arrived in NZ.

Interesting to hear. I am also sceptic about this discovery however, there are a lot of things being consumed today without the longterm effects known.

Also, people are living longer. If you bring the topic of being completely organic, what was the average life span of a person living 2000 years ago? (everything was organic back then and they didn't have to worry about electronic devices that emitt EMI, RMI, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick88 View Post
    Here is a link to the A@ Corp's website telling you about availability

http://www.a2corporation.com/index.php/pi_pageid/22

There is a link to a "science" page lots of words on it.

Makes you wonder how all of those generations of ancestors survived, if they drank the old stuff.

PS. I'm a skeptic.
    me too nick. ive been drinking NZ milk for 20 years of my life (full fat and now a bit of low fat) and im grand. my parents dranks the milk..my dads cholesterol is dodgy but he smokes. seems there is a teeny bit of scaremongering going on. just a teeny bit. i want more proof before i would start seriously worrying. i think there would be more problems if people stopped drinking milk like prof. woodward insisted...brittle bones etc.

Default I saw a TV documentary

I saw the documentary on the A1/A2 milk. It wasn't that A1 was bad it was that A2 was better. They compared children who has always drank A2 and those in a remote place that hadn't ever. I can't remember exactly what they looked at but I remember being impressed.
    The biggest issue was to do with the NZ dairy council not allowing those who wanted to state that they were "A2" register their milk or something. It was a bit like a "closed shop" situation which made it v. difficult for the farmers to get any benefit from being an A2 supplier. That may be why you can't find specific A2 milk, it has been put in with all the A1 milk.
    Gina

I work for Foneterra (until Thursday) who are understandably keen to refute these stories, so i see both sides.

Interesting that these 'stories' have been around for quite some time and as avidly disproved by one scientist as they are supposedly proved by others.

Lies, damn lies and statistics, reminds me of the egg scandal in the UK from a few years back and mad cow transferable to humans if eating meat on the bone. A lot of fuss over nothing that anyone can prove either way.

Get off your horse and drink your milk, as they say, and don't worry about if's but's and maybe's.

Blimey, I was expecting to be argued with.