Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Hand Cars

Default Second Hand Cars

Hi,

Any recommendations for second hand dealerships in Auckland, as we are hoping to buy a car to travel to Hawkes Bay...

Thanks in advance

J and G x

We had a very good experience last year with GVI
    http://www.genuinevehicleimports.co.nz/
    (I first heard of them through a recommendation on this forum . We did shop around a lot before buying there.)
    Really nice people and a good range of cars (Japanese imports). Apparently they'll even meet you at the airport (check the New Immigrants section of their website).

Thanks Oregonkiwi, much appreciated

J x

Holland,
    There are zillions of second-hand dealerships along the whole Great South Road, which pretty much leads up from the airport. Have you searched on here? I 'm sure there's been specific stuff about buying second-hand. Turners Auctions is another option, just google it....

Gil

You also might want to check out one of the car fairs if you are looking for a second hand car e.g. Ellerslie Car Fair

Ian

Default toyota

I bought mine while i was in Auckland at north shore toyota, Theres no shortage of dealers anywhere but i went here as i got a good deal with 2 years warranty, 2 yrs wof, 2 yrs roadside ,It was the best conditioned model i had seen while viewing lots . In the main you will have no probs visit a few and you will fight out a good deal, use the price on the window only as a rough guide.
    john

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonkiwi View Post
    We had a very good experience last year with GVI
    http://www.genuinevehicleimports.co.nz/
    (I first heard of them through a recommendation on this forum . We did shop around a lot before buying there.)
    Really nice people and a good range of cars (Japanese imports). Apparently they'll even meet you at the airport (check the New Immigrants section of their website).
    I agree with Oregonkiwi

We also bought our second hand through GVI, a Nissan Sunny 96 for $5000 with 85000 kms, which included all on road costs for 6 months (rego and warrant). They were also recomended to us from another forum and we could not have made a better deal

They saw no problem in us having the car inspected onsite by AA. We dealt with Shane, who I believe was the sales manager, and he was very professional and efficient

Jen

I agree with Oregonkiwi and urban78. We also purchased a vehicle from GVI and are extremely happy with the car and service they provided. We arrived in Auckland and went to see them the next day. Decided on a car (Toyota Alteza Gita) which had only just arrived from Japan. GVI loaned us a nice car at no charge for 4 days, we just had to top it up with petrol, while they processed the import paperwork, vehicle tests etc.

Shane was very helpful and the company appeared to us very professionally run and happy to fit in with our travel arrangements.

At the same time my hubby was bringing over his car from the UK, and after our experiences with GVI we used them to do all the necessary checks and paperwork on our import. We flew to Auckland to pick up the car, and GVI collected us from the airport, at their suggestion, to take us to the workshops.

From our experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, 5 star.

Also try www.turners.co.nz for auctions.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast