Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship form..

Default Citizenship form..

Hi,

Could those of you who have been through the citizenship process confirm that the pdf link below (12 page form!) is indeed the correct form...

http://www.dia.govt.nz/pubforms.nsf/URL/AplCitizenform.pdf/$file/AplCitizenform.pdf

Just noticed it's gonna cost us $920 too!! Oh well, it'll be our Xmas pressie!

Any other info regarding the process very welcome.

Moorf

Sorry, can't help you with this for another 5 years but wanted to say !!!Congratulations!!! in getting to this point in your immigration journey...we hear mostly from relative newbies on the list (myself included!) with EOI/ITA/visa/move queries and not much from those with the kinds of questions that I ultimately hope to be asking when we apply for citizenship in 2013 (that seems FAR in the future!!!)

Keep us posted!

Congratulations Helen for finally getting there...

What a fab xmas prezzie!

Just noticed it's gonna cost us $920 too!!
    Oh my gosh . Looks like Mark will not be getting dual citizenship in the forseeable future then. Wow - $920.

Congrats Moorf and Woz - let us know how it all goes. Look forward to hearing about the citizenship ceremony. I had to do one in the UK for my Brit Naturalisation and it was more moving than I expected it to be. (Or maybe it was sleep deprivation as the kids had both been up the night before??).

Sorry unable to help with the actual question you posted. Carol's not long done her Citizenship if I remember correctly (or could be sleep deprivation cos Gem's been up nights for the last 5 nights - notice a pattern here?? ).

Debs

Congratulations Helen! How exciting for you, can't wait to be there myself.

Congrats Morph and Woz. It's a great feeling when you go to the ceremony and sing the anthem. I felt a bit weird about swearing allegiance to the Queen, but I guess there are worse things they could make us do!

Firstly, congrats on time served (not sure if that's the right phrase) and the next milestone in a great journey on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidebs View Post
    Oh my gosh . Looks like Mark will not be getting dual citizenship in the forseeable future then. Wow - $920.
    My understanding is that as an adult if you take NZ citizenship it is at the cost of relinquishing British (or other) citizenship (not that that is necessarily a bad thing). My point being that you don't get 'dual' nationality. Only kids originally with foreign nationality would gain dual nationality at 18?

Oh, and kids don't need to 'apply' for the NZ 'additional' citizenship, they just qualify naturally.

Therefore to return to UK (if orig. British) you would then need a visa.

Is this correct or am I talking rubbish (I know, i know, it wouldn't be the first time)

BBB

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyBeardyBloke View Post
    Firstly, congrats on time served (not sure if that's the right phrase) and the next milestone in a great journey on the horizon.

My understanding is that as an adult if you take NZ citizenship it is at the cost of relinquishing British (or other) citizenship (not that that is necessarily a bad thing). My point being that you don't get 'dual' nationality. Only kids originally with foreign nationality would gain dual nationality at 18?

Oh, and kids don't need to 'apply' for the NZ 'additional' citizenship, they just qualify naturally.

Therefore to return to UK (if orig. British) you would then need a visa.

Is this correct or am I talking rubbish (I know, i know, it wouldn't be the first time)

BBB
    Nope - you can have both. Neither Britain nor NZ mind. Some countries require you to only have one but not UK or NZ. I have both so do both our kids.

That looks like the same sort of form I filled out several years ago for my citizenship, so I would say yes.

You can have dual UK/NZ citizenship cos they are both in the Commonwealth.

OK, cool, I shall look forward to that then - mark May 2012 on the calendar in case I forget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast