Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI Accepted!

Default EOI Accepted!

Our EOI was accepted in the last draw and we were instructed that we would be contacted or invited to submit an application for residence.

My question is to all people that have been through this. How long can we expect to wait for this auspicious invitation?

congrats for passing the first stage .. getting an ITA(Invitation to Apply) totally depends on the NZIS branch you are applying to. but avg time is 4-6 weeks. though we had got our ITA within 2 days of EOI selection..

- Hesh

It will also depend on whether you have a job offer or not. We didn't and at this time last year waited 12 weeks for our ITA - torture! If you have a job offer you will have less time to wait. You can start the ball rolling with police checks, getting paperwork together etc whilst you wait.

Thanks for those replies. We did not have a job offer (wife has yet to register with Teach NZ) but we have the majority of our other docs sorted.

I am very excited, but must admit that the waiting sort of wears one down!

Cheers!

I am very excited, but must admit that the waiting sort of wears one down!
    Worth the wait though - we're now in NZ! Hopefully it won't be 12 weeks for you, I believe there was more of a backlog this time last year and 12 weeks is supposed to the absolute maximum.

Good luck.

I agree with Zorbster.. NZ is a beautiful country.. had been there for 3 weeks in August and I just couldn't get enough of it...

This year the applications are processed a lot quicker.. we had submitted ITA in April.. have got an interview lined with the case officer in October..

Looking forward to getting to NZ! Thanks again.

Hi James
    Congratulations!
    You posted this great news yesterdays, while last selection was made on 12 September.
    Did you got this great news late or the EOI selection from the pool and your online applications are two different procedures?

Next fortnight EOI is expected this week, and I am anxiously waiting..

Good luck in the remaining steps...

hi James
    congratulations! isn't it exciting?!! good luck!

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    Hi James
    Congratulations!
    You posted this great news yesterdays, while last selection was made on 12 September.
    Did you got this great news late or the EOI selection from the pool and your online applications are two different procedures?
    Hi Syed, and thanks! Good luck to you too.

We got the news on the website the day of the selection - all very efficient. I only posted because the next selection was due and we had not had the ITA yet. I call it pure nerves!!!

Thanks Dragonfly, and we are all very excited!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast