Thread: White goods / major appliances in Wellington

Default White goods / major appliances in Wellington

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I can't find it and we need to start shopping/buying tomorrow!

Where are the best deals on a washer and dryer, refrigerator, and microwave in Wellington?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I can't find it and we need to start shopping/buying tomorrow!

Where are the best deals on a washer and dryer, refrigerator, and microwave in Wellington?

Thanks!
    If possible wait for sales, each shop regularly have sales and you can save a lot by buying at the right time.

If you are looking for cheap then the Warehouse sell most things, would recommend the Lyall bay store as it is larger than most.

If you want top branded goods like Bosch then would go to Harvey Norman good range but can be expensive.

Would definitely check out ferrit for some price comparisons.

Ian

Harvey Norman is where we bought our stuff. In Porirua there is a Harvey norman's and a few other places right by each other so you can compare things a bit just by walking.

Negotiate on the prices you can do quite a bit better than what they post, even on sale items!

LV Martin in Ngauranga Gorge are brilliant.

We've bought several things from them now and are always happy to discount if you ask, especially for 'cash'

Definitely ask for a discount, but I would recommend Ferrit too as I've just bought a dryer that was $80 cheaper on there than most stores, and they delivered it within two days for free

Just seen an advert on TV that Harvey Norman are having a "price slash" sale this weeked (finishes 30th September). So would definitely be worth checking them out.

Ian

You've looked on TradeMe?

I would second sizzlingbadger's recommendation of LV Martin in Ngauranga Gorge - it's a little tricky to get to and looks a bit rough and ready from the outside but the staff are helpful (I think it's family-owned firm?), delivery charges are not exorbitant and delivery can sometimes be made on the same day as purchase.

Andrea

Default Thanks.

We spent ca. 30% less than we expected on W&D, 'frigerator, vac., and nukrowave. And then spent about 50% what we'd expected on dehumidifier and a couple little space heaters. ...all at Harvey Norman. Yes, the winter sale was excellent.!

Now, I'm trying to figure out where they put all the money I saved!!