Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping pets

Default Shipping pets

Can anyone advise me on the process and cost of pet shipping.

I have a medium sized black labrador/rottweiler cross and have read somewhere that shipment costs about £1700. Is that right?

Is there a whole host of vets processes and costs to go through too?

All I can say is he better start behaving himself if he wants us to fork out that much on him!!!!

Perksy,

I was going to do some links but there are looadddssss on this topic, so it was hard to choose. If you go to the top of the page, click on 'search' and put in 'shipping dogs' it will bring up lots!!

hope this helps

J xx

We're going to go with Golden Arrow (Shropshire) for a number of reasons - mainly recommendation on here and also, a really friendly caring attitude. You really feel like your dog is the only one they care about. We just received our quote last week (individual based on height, length and width because they build the crates specially for each dog) - with them sorting out the tests during the three day stay with them prior to flight. There are a few bits and pieces you have to do during the run up but all that is expained by them. Total quoted for two Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla's (24"x36"x8")?? £4172.

Pause whilst Perksy falls on floor.

I have to admit I was looking in the £1000-£1500 per dog area and the quote was a heck of a blow. Lots of airlines have apparently increased their shipping charges (and unfortunately, dogs are cargo) but now Air New Zealand yet.

I can't bear the thought of leaving them behind and, since Duke already has a booking to pass on his genes in NZ, he'll be able to pay his way. Lucky Duke. Would like to have similar offer for OH but fear for the NZ gene pool.

Ouch - good job I was sitting down, not quite so far to fall!!!

My husband insists he won't go if the dog doesn't go too. In reality I am in agreement but he is under strict instructions not to say that in front of my mother. I can just hear her now "it's OK to leave your family and move to the other side of the world but you wouldn't leave your dog!!!"

Thanks for the update Lockstock, at least I can go in to it with my eyes open.

Do your homework and get a few quotes. We are not leaving until next September but did a preliminary fact finding mission with a number of companies. I compared like with like and recommendation. For 4 dogs (3 rotties and a border terrier) the costs varied from £6500 to £10,000. Some doing some of the medical stuff and others doing nothing. When we go we will likely go with Golden Arrow. Not the cheapest but what they offer was good and they come very highly recommended.

Hi there,

We are going to use a firm up here in Scotland - ease of getting pets to them and recommendations. We have 2 dogs (medium chocolate lab and black cocker spaniel) and 3 cats. Quote for shipping was £5,100. On top of this there will be about £1,000 in vets fees. Dogs do need more tests than the fur balls and our vets have been very helpful in planning these tests (time wise in relation to flight out), obtaining animal health certs from DEFRA etc etc. We know what we have to do we just need a positive result re our PR before we can make a start.

Best wishes

Alison.

Golden Arrow charged 2300 for everything for a boxer in early 2006 (in the end it was actually free but that's another story ...)

We just recently used Airpets, they couldn't be faulted and our two cats arrived safely and settled in well. It cost us £1,550. It was a hassle at Auckland airport doing the run around to get the paperwork but other than that no problems at all.

Default oh my god.

oh my god ,just had a quote for my 17 month old newfoundland puppy
    all of 9 stone plus to be shipped £3500 TO £4500. from 2 different companys.
    Does it go on weight or size , by the looks of it, both.I couldnt even think of leaving him here, so we best start saving......

Quote Originally Posted by Alison&Stephen View Post
    We are going to use a firm up here in Scotland - ease of getting pets to them and recommendations.
    Can I ask who you're using? We're in Scotland, too - Glasgow.

Thanks
    Sal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast