Thread: FBI Background Check.

Default FBI Background Check.

Hello Everyone... I have a question regarding the FBI background check for my husband... Do we send the completed FBI form directly to the FBI or do we have to send it to the proper State authorities (e.g., Texas) for their clearance first before we send it onto the FBI... Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You get your fingerprints taken locally and then send the fingerprint card to the FBI headquarters.

I had two sets of fingerprints made and sent in two sets so that way if one set had a problem they could use the other.

Thanks for your reply. That is an excellent idea having two sets of prints done. We will be doing that also.

Send directly to FBI - in your ITA packet you should recieve an address for the US (but as I recall it's in VA or W VA)

Thanks for your reply. The address on the FBI website says to post to W VA.
    We appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Suzanne and Ron.

Default Expedite

If you wish to expedite, I've heard to include a prepaid return mailer (UPS or fedex letter mailer). Of course make sure the outside of the envelope and I think the form need to indicate reason to expedite. Put something like "Immigration purposes." This seems to have helped others. Sadly, I wasn't aware of this "trick" and my "expedite" request took 3 months

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason. We will most definately make sure we add "for Immigration purposes" to both the envelope and cover letter we send to the FBI.
    All the very best for your vacation in New Zealand.

Cheers,

Suzanne annd Ron.

I marked mine "Urgent" out the outside of the letter and ticked the "urgent" box and wrote "for immigration application" and it still took 4 months. Maybe having a SASE helps but to be honest i wouldn't get my hopes up.

Many thanks for your reply LindsayBean. We will be marking both the top of the envelope and top of the cover letter with "Urgent For Immigration Purposes" and will also be enclosing a SAE. Here's hoping we don't have a four month wait.