Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaky Nappies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Leaky Nappies?

Need some nappy advice. My 7 month old baby has starting waking up soaked through every night recently. We have been using huggies nappies as they are supposed to be the most absorbant....but now not so sure
    Have tried putting him in bigger size nappy as they more absorbant, but only lasts an extra hour or so....don't want to be changing him twice every night, as trying to get him to sleep through as nearly 8 months old now. Also trying to cut down on night feeds a bit (still every couple of hours at moment) so he produces less 'liquid' at night.
    Does anyone else have this problem with nappies in NZ, or any advice about best nappies to use overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Need some nappy advice. My 7 month old baby has starting waking up soaked through every night recently. We have been using huggies nappies as they are supposed to be the most absorbant....
    Have you tried doubling up? Your normal size nappy, and a bigger one over the top?

Good luck with this, I remember a few 'wet nights' like that...

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    Have you tried doubling up? Your normal size nappy, and a bigger one over the top?

Daniela
    Yep - thats what we did too - although we just used 2 of the same size.

I have been using Cosies or Air+ from http://www.babyonline.co.nz/ only recently he has been leaking too, but he has been drinking stupid amounts of water, he uses the water cup as a teething aid!

I was going to suggest bigger size as huggies are ridiculously small in their sizing, but you have done that!

The other nappy I find that works as well as Huggies is the Treasures, but make sure you get Ultra not giggles. Worth a try as they fit a little differently too.

I have also heard great reports about dryups, also from babyonline. but never tried them myself.

Oh, and I know I have mentioned this forum before, but there are quite a few nappy threads on there already for you to have a search through..

http://www2.everybody.co.nz/forum/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

What a pain! I find Huggies the same here as in the UK and probably the most absorbent brand.

However, as babies grow they may not suit the same brand anymore so you may have to shop about a bit. My first started of in Huggies, changed to pampers (chunky legs ), my 2nd could wear Sainsburys own brand and my 3rd seems to suit most types.

Another thing to check (and apologies if you know this already or if you have a girl!), is to make sure the willy is always pointing downwards, any other direction and it can lead to leaks. Also make sure the top of the nappy isn't rolling over, which can sometimes happen as they grow and become more active. And check the elastic round the legs.

Also, like you've said, cutting out night feeds, which are probably only for comfort, now would be a great help - for you also I would imagine!

As a possible alternative quite a few of my friends use these:

http://www.babyonline.co.nz/products...Keyword=sample

You can get a sample to try first.

Cheers

Tia

my info a bit old, but my two boys always tested Huggies to the umm, extreme shall we say

Pampers were more 'secure'.

can you still get 'care mats' from pampers, these were useful for nights when they 'overflowed'.

good luck

Try huggies drynites (i know smaller is for 17kg but try it) they are fantastic that i had to use them for my ds who also produce lots of wet nappies at night as baby till i tried drynites!
    Nothing you can prevent your boy stop wee too much because they are boys, known for produce lots of wee than girls, that is fact!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mels View Post
    my info a bit old, but my two boys always tested Huggies to the umm, extreme shall we say

Pampers were more 'secure'.

can you still get 'care mats' from pampers, these were useful for nights when they 'overflowed'.

good luck
    BTW I do find huggies in NZ is not same as huggies in UK and pampers is not available in NZ.

no Pampers!!!!!

good thing we had our kids in the UK - could have got really messy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast