Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health/Natural Food Shops

Default Health/Natural Food Shops

Hello!

Do we have anything in New Zealand similar to Fresh and Wild or Holland and Barrett?

I noticed they don't sell wholegrain rice/wholegrain pasta in the supermarkets which is odd - not holding much luck out for spelt products!

Also, is it affordable (for the average kiwi) to buy natural/chemical free personal products (i.e. skin care, make up, toothpaste, soap etc?). I'm worried I'm going to be forced to buy chemical-laden products.

Thanks!

Not familiar with either store but there's an organic market on the North Shore in Takapuna. I don't know if that's where you're heading but the next time I'm in there I'll take a look around for some of those products.

Emily

Not sure where you are but here in Hawkes Bay we've enough health food shops to cater for all my obscure tastes

No worries on the eco friendly cleaning products, the supermarkets stock the cheaper brands (biopowder- can't remember what it's called but has a seal on the front, plunket powder, down to earth washing up liquid etc, etc)

eta: honestly, you'll have no problems finding the stuff and you'll pay a little more for it, but you do in the UK

In the Welly/Kapiti region we have Commonsense Organics.

You can buy wholegrain rice and wholemeal flour, along with spelt flour in the supermarket - New World in Victoria Park stocks all these items.
    For a wider selection of produce there is Harvest Wholefoods in Richmond Road, or Huckleberry Farms in Greenlane. These are all in Auckland.

I buy Ren skincare (usually from Strawberrynet) and Mop haircare products (from my stylist). These are organic and chemical free. And I don't find them any more expensive than other ranges, although obviously more expensive than your bog standard stuff sold in the supermarket or whatever.

I know Dr Hauschka products are available in Welly (so likely in Auckland, ChCh, etc)...but I imagine they're EXPENSIVE anywhere!

Hardy's are a chain of health stores throughout New Zealand:

http://www.hardys.co.nz/

I can even get spelt stuff in Wanganui (New World etc) or like Jess says, it's in Commonsense Organics who have several stores throughout the Welly region

KerryS - was it you who mentioned strawberrynet on here the other day? I spent ages on the site. (My order should arrive soon ) Seriously thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for the info - I'm happy to buy products online and it's good to know that these things are affordable and available...

I struggled to find even wholemeal pasta in the supermarkets in CHCH at the beginning of the year... so was quite worried about availability and cost of these things in general.

But still no H&B porkless pork pies or Linda McCartney sausage rolls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast