Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewing UK passport

Default Renewing UK passport

My passport needs renewing before I can apply for my RRV .It will cost me $424 to have it done in Wellington

Has anyone renewed theirs back in the UK [for 72 pounds]

Thanks Sal for the links

Marie x

I didn't think you could renew your passport from abroad? It has to be done at the high commission here.
    Although if you are visiting the UK you can renew them then.

I've just checked and the UK Passport website says this:
    "If you live in the UK you can use this website for all your passport needs. If you do not live in the UK you can apply through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) or contact your nearest embassy, consulate or high commission. Alternatively, you may apply in person for a passport whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment at a passport office and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad."

OH renewed his recently and it was back within a week, so very quick but it does cost more!!!

Marie

You need to do it here.

I've just done mine and the BHC were very quick (5 days courier post). They also answered emails within minutes. It's different to G's one issued in the UK 2 years ago, it's got different coloured pages and patterns in, no sparkly, purple bits though .

I thought I paid $352.10, yup just checked it was. Why is yours more expensive?

Then it's plus another $140 for your IRRV's.

Did you get the Biometric one Debs?

When I did mine last December that was all they'd do, which is why they said it was so expensive (same price you paid IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Did you get the Biometric one Debs?

When I did mine last December that was all they'd do, which is why they said it was so expensive (same price you paid IIRC)
    Hi Jon (and Catie)

Yup I did! It's got the little flat aerial in it (I hope you know what I mean ) Looks the same from the outside though.

I felt quite sad to get my old PP back with the corner cut through. I'd become quite attached to it with the travelling we'd been doing. Was proud of all those stamps after going nowhere for 40 years.

Wonder why Marie will have to pay more though???

Sorry Smiler you are correct about the price ,I had noticed the price of a 48 page passport .

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1091892203825

Thanks all.

Marie x

I only paid for the normal passport but got a biometric one anyway

I have the pricelist in front of me as I am in process of renewing the childrens' passports.
    "Issuing a passport for a person 16 years or over (valid 10 years" Fee including courier and handling fees $352.10.
    "Issuing a 48 page passport" Fee including courier and handling fees $424.60

Hope this helps

Julie

I got my passport back today [Biometric too].

Next question .............Do I have to take it to NZ house to move my blue stickers over and get the IRRV or can Dave take them all and manage on his own .

Marie x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast