Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby in NZ-Fact or Fiction??

I think if they're talking about custody issues, they could have a point. If you had a child and then split up and you wanted to return to the UK and your partner was remaining here, then I don't think you could do that without the permission of your partner (UK and NZ both participate in the Hague Convention I believe).

As a PP said, this is only an issue if you were to split up and if you're planning to have a baby, I'm sure this isn't something you're even thinking of!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by incredible hulse View Post
    Yes they would be a kiwi. Our daughter was born here last year and we have a NZ passport for her. We have also returned to the UK on that passport with no problems (she was not allowed to work by the stamp in her passport but she was 13 months so not a big issue ). We haven't got a UK one yet as it is very expensive here. We will probably wait until/if we return to the UK. One difference our daughter will have is she is deemed British by descent and as such any children she may have in the future would not automatically be entitled to a British passport
    Considering that immigration laws in Europe become tougher you should redeem as soon as possible a British passport even it is useless now but in a way to record at the earliest her British descent.

In France for what I know there are numerous cases of overseas born people in trouble to get their French nationality back because their parents didn't make it in their very young age.

Do not forget also that a British passport will give her access to the whole EEC.

Hello,

I have a question about it. Mark is English and I am Turkish, and hopefully we'll be getting our PRs soon. So if we have kids then will they have the right to have 3 passports ???

Thanks

Asli

Quote Originally Posted by Asli&Mark View Post
    I have a question about it. Mark is English and I am Turkish, and hopefully we'll be getting our PRs soon. So if we have kids then will they have the right to have 3 passports
    Depends on Turkey, I don't know the nationality law there at all. Both the UK and NZ let you have as many nationalites as you can legally have. If Turkey is the same, then they will have three. If not, you'll have to decide, I suppose.

Our kids have three passports.

Daniela

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for the information.

I will look into it.

Asli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12