Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House for sale in Dunedin

Wink House for sale in Dunedin

Hi, sorry if this seems like self promotion, but am trying to help out any Brit's heading to Dunedin who may be looking for a house (really!).

We are heading back to the UK but while here we have done up a two bedroom house with fantastic harbour views. Many houses in Dunedin are cold and uninsulated but my partner being a Brit we have put in double glazing, a heat pump and masses of insulation. Toasty warm

It's also fully fenced for those who you who may have, or want to have a dog. Cheers!

oh, and here is the link on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...-122136907.htm

priced at $239k thanks!

Wow! You cant buy a shed up here for that price, let alone over 1000 meters with a house on it.
    You would need to pay around $500, 000 just for the section with sea views. maybe we should look at re-locating.
    Good luck.

Hey Immortal167

Great looking place!!
    If you squint hard as you look over the water we'll give you a wave, we're in Company Bay!!

Let us know if you're planning a garage sale before you go!!!

Karen

Karen,

Waves back!

Anything you see in the house is for sale! The only thing that is coming with me are the two dogs and my clothes (and maybe a duvet cover or two if they fit in!). I'm leaving in 8 weeks

Lovely house.

Would you deliver to Auckland?

Quote Originally Posted by immortal167 View Post
    Hi, sorry if this seems like self promotion, but am trying to help out any Brit's heading to Dunedin who may be looking for a house (really!).
    Wow, looks lovely. I might be tempted to move as well. Just one problem. I'm not a Brit!!!

Wink :)

Howie,

in this case I'm willing to make an exception

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Wow, looks lovely. I might be tempted to move as well. Just one problem. I'm not a Brit!!!

Great looking house, Immortal!! Unfortunately we're not going to be in Dunedin until this autumn (assuming all goes as planned ... still need to sell our place, get settled with immigration, and pack up all of our worldly belongings) but if somehow we start looking sooner, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Out of curiosity ... how have you enjoyed Ravensbourne? I'm trying to get a feel for the neighborhoods, distance to the city centre, etc. Is Ravensbourne within biking distance to the University? I understand the key in Dunedin is to find a "sunny" neighborhood ... are there any other areas you'd recommend or discourage?

Best of luck in your sale ... it looks like a terrific buy, and I'm sure it will be snatched up soon.

Default hi

well we sold last night so all ready to head to the UK now!

We have loved Ravensbourne although it is not known for getting a lot of sun, we have found that we only missed out a little in winter and as long as your house is cosy it doesn't matter too much. Anderson's Bay or anything on that side of the harbour gets more sun, but double the prices for houses.

I work at the university and am four minutes drive away. Biking there would take 20 minutes at the most I would think (more on the way back due to hills). They have put a bike path by the harbour between ravensbourne to just below the Uni. Really handy.

Depending on your preferance I would stay away from living in North Dunedin too close to the Uni, it is filled with students and can be a bit messy on the weekends. Maori hill or Roslyn are very popular. Pine Hill is up and coming and has good views and within biking distance. Reasonable prices too.

Any other questions just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Shana F View Post
    Great looking house, Immortal!! Unfortunately we're not going to be in Dunedin until this autumn (assuming all goes as planned ... still need to sell our place, get settled with immigration, and pack up all of our worldly belongings) but if somehow we start looking sooner, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Out of curiosity ... how have you enjoyed Ravensbourne? I'm trying to get a feel for the neighborhoods, distance to the city centre, etc. Is Ravensbourne within biking distance to the University? I understand the key in Dunedin is to find a "sunny" neighborhood ... are there any other areas you'd recommend or discourage?

Best of luck in your sale ... it looks like a terrific buy, and I'm sure it will be snatched up soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast