Thread: Local moving costs in Auckland?

Default Local moving costs in Auckland?

Looking for some advise about local moving costs/companies within Auckland.

Can anyone recommend any local moving companies and also we are looking for an idea of cost to move within Auckland....ball park only ($100's or $1000's etc), as we don't know where abouts in Auckland we may wish to move to yet or whether to stay put!

I moved from Ponsonby to Herne Bay - a distance of about 1.5km, and it cost $300 for two men and their van. They loaded everything and unloaded it all as well.
    They were very quick and efficient, and didn't damage anything. It took them about 3 hours, so well worth it in my opinion. I did get cheaper quotes, but these guys were recommended to me by someone else.

It's also cheaper to move during the week, rather than on a Saturday, but that wasn't an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryS View Post
    I moved from Ponsonby to Herne Bay - a distance of about 1.5km, and it cost $300 for two men and their van. They loaded everything and unloaded it all as well.
    They were very quick and efficient, and didn't damage anything. It took them about 3 hours, so well worth it in my opinion. I did get cheaper quotes, but these guys were recommended to me by someone else.

It's also cheaper to move during the week, rather than on a Saturday, but that wasn't an option for me.
    Can you Post contact details or if it is against the rules(?) Pm me with them

Thanks

hi- we moved st heliers to glendowie - $95 per hour for two men
    this is approximately the going rate and is charged from their depot and back usually

Would you guys be able to PM me the contact details please?
    If anyone else has any other reccomendation too, I would still be interested.

We have enough stuff for large 4 bed house, a lot is still in boxes, but I imagine it would take quite a while to move it all. If anyone else has moved with similar amount of 'stuff'.....how long did it all take?

Mine was probably about the same - my boyfriend had moved all his household stuff into my houseom, so I moved all the belongings from his 2 bedroom house plus into one. That meant two lots of most furniture and all the other bits and pieces.
    Hence it took 3 hours to move everything. It was all boxed up though, the movers didn't pack anything - I had organised a work move a few weeks previously, so had plenty of cartons to use.
    I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company though. I have it at home somewhere though in a pile of paperwork that requires sorting, so I'll have a look when I get back tonight.

FOM-pm'd you

Thanks
    Just trying to work out how many hours it will take to load up a lorry with our stuff. Not sure I can face repacking rest of our stuff up again...but it would cost a small fortune to pay someone else to do it!