Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Pudding

Default Black Pudding

Has anyone heard of Harrison's Black Pudding? I've tried all sorts & it's the only one that measures up. Came across it in Italian restaurant & they said it's the one they use. Too away with the fairies after the meal to ask them where they get it from.

i thiiiink/pretty sure i got some in moore wilsons...try there next time your in town or maybe give them a ring?

Sorry, no.

But this place sells REALLY good blackpudding - if you can find it anywhere. Their salami's pretty good too

Dougie

Had some really good black pudding from Island Bay Butchers in Wellington as well, if that's any help?

Ian

Thank you for the quick replies. I'll give them a try.

Out of interest which ones have you tried that you don't like - so we can avoid them?

I've also noticed that our local Pak 'n' Save sells it, but haven't got around to trying it yet.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by DMcG View Post
    Sorry, no.

But this place sells REALLY good blackpudding - if you can find it anywhere. Their salami's pretty good too

Dougie
    my partner gave that brand of pudding a when i made a full irish for his 30th birthday

Ian don't touch the Pak N Save - all spice & no substance. I've tried Hellers, but too bland & one packaged from the local butchers but I can't remember the name of it. New World have one but it still lacks that something. Too be honest, if the Irish have found a good one - I'm going with that. Thanks Ellenmelon

Wow - I thought black pudding would be a fond memory when I got to NZ - a bit like steak & kidney pudding with chips and gravy is now I'm living in south UK.

Thanks for the post Victoria!

Our local butcher does fantastic black pudding (and pancetta and salami and chorizo and biltong!) So if anyone's ever up on the Kapiti Coast, go say hello to Andrew on the main road in Waikanae

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast