Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZQA application form

Default NZQA application form

hiya
    on the NZQA aplication form there is a space for high school results as well as any other qualifications one might have ...

surely if you are only getting your one main qualification assessed for the purposes of immigration, then they don't need your high school results ?

and another question if i may

my postgrad diploma asn't dependent on my BA as such, but I had to havea degree before i could do the postgrad.

do i now have to get the BA assessed too ?

am i going crazy - let me get this right

for ONE qualification to be assessed - i.e. the one you are using to claim points ... the following must happen (taken from the NZQA website)

NZQA requires original documents for all qualifications gained in all countries, and for all your work experience.
    why would you need to get an irrelevant qualification assessed ?

or have i the wrong end of the stick ?

I have the same question, anybody help..

Don't know why they ask for everything, but that's what I sent them.... the entire pack weighed 1.3kg and cost me over £50 to get it Fed-Exed across!?!?!?

I assumed it was just another of the hoops that you have to jump through...

Good luck!
    Jane

They have to be paid for doing something!!
    I think a lot of it is to do with countries where qualifications are perhaps not as genuine as they should be. It does seem illogical but the more evidence of bona fide qualifications - even if one cannot be awarded unless another has been successfully gained - you can provide, the less background investigations they have to do.
    It's all the original documents they want (for the quals you are having assessed - not all your quals if you don't feel they are relevant). You claim points for relevant work experience and need all the evidence for that.

Yes, you are going crazy. You've read the form too much. Common problem. Wood and trees and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
    They have to be paid for doing something!!
    I think a lot of it is to do with countries where qualifications are perhaps not as genuine as they should be. It does seem illogical but the more evidence of bona fide qualifications - even if one cannot be awarded unless another has been successfully gained - you can provide, the less background investigations they have to do.
    It's all the original documents they want (for the quals you are having assessed - not all your quals if you don't feel they are relevant). You claim points for relevant work experience and need all the evidence for that.

Yes, you are going crazy. You've read the form too much. Common problem. Wood and trees and all that.
    thanks lockstock - that would make more sense ... but see my oringinal post above - they need all info

I may be muddling the issue here. You will definitely need some kind of evidence of your school stuff prior to degree but, and I may be wrong in which case ingore me, if you don't think your degree in tight-rope walking is relevant to your qualifications in brain surgery for your application in area of skills shortage, you may not need to put in the evidence. Stupid example I know but I think I've got it right.

Yes they really do want your high school diploma, the actual diploma! I rang them up to ask them just this and they assured me they do require the original diploma or a signed explanation of why you can't provide the original document and some other proof you have comleted high school. Apparently holding a BA is not enough proof! They also suggested I send a CV even though I have just graduated university this year and all my work experience was serving coffee at a Starbucks and such. I sent them everything they asked for, and may I also strongly suggest you use fast-track option.

Oh yes and if you have any questions you should really call NZQA at their contact centre number, they have been very friendly and helpful.

thanks folks ...

heres the thing ... i would like someones opinion on what to send them.

i did a BA in college (not claiming points for it - but it was necessary to be allowed to complete postgraduate diploma in computer science, which i am claiming points for)

what do i send them ?

- just the results etc. from the postgrad
    - the postgrad and the BA

if its the postgrad and the BA are they likely to just assess the BA when the CS qualification is all I am claiming points for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast