Thread: Early Learning Centre - Newmarket

Thumbs up Early Learning Centre - Newmarket

Whatever you do Auckland mummies, DON'T GO IN, your visa card cannot stand the strain!

I went in today to buy a present for a birthday, expecting to spend around $30, well, over $100 later.... (they did have a voucher for $20 off though ) I couldnt resist getting AJ a little something too, but have made myself put in it a cupboard for his birthday next month.

A lot of stuff is flying off the shelves faster than they can ship it in, and there are waiting lists for items that are in transit on the boat!

To be fair the prices are actually OK, they have tripled the UK pound price which I dont think is too bad considering exchange rate and shipping costs as well.

http://www.earlylearningcentre.com.a...oreFinder.aspx

Thanks for the link Sal, looks like they have some great things.

WOW.....xmas shopping made easy......I will definitely be going there soon

I saw this advertised earlier - http://www.parentandchildshow.co.nz

Those with kids might want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hodges View Post
    I saw this advertised earlier - http://www.parentandchildshow.co.nz

Those with kids might want to check it out.
    I have been the last two years. Its quite good, but I found it was better for pregnant folks, or those with under 2's... AJ slept through half of it last year! So missed B1 and B2... it does get verrrryyy busy, took half hour to get through entrance door last year!

Oregonkiwi, the store does have some awesome stuff, I could have spent at least 3 times what I did..... , better not go back any time soon..... but I have other birthdays coming up and want to get something a little different to whats generally available in NZ...., guess AJ will be getting early xmas pressies!

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    I have been the last two years. Its quite good, but I found it was better for pregnant folks, or those with under 2's... AJ slept through half of it last year! So missed B1 and B2... it does get verrrryyy busy, took half hour to get through entrance door last year!

Oregonkiwi, the store does have some awesome stuff, I could have spent at least 3 times what I did..... , better not go back any time soon..... but I have other birthdays coming up and want to get something a little different to whats generally available in NZ...., guess AJ will be getting early xmas pressies!
    Just been trying to persuade dear hubby to take me there this weekend....think I get more excited that the kids at prospect of visiting toy shop

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Just been trying to persuade dear hubby to take me there this weekend....think I get more excited that the kids at prospect of visiting toy shop
    I would leave hubby at home with the kids and go by yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    I would leave hubby at home with the kids and go by yourself...
    Don't think he has ever looked after all 3 of them by himself (even had to take baby with me on girls night out when still in UK). He'd never agree, and i'm not sure I want to think about how much mess they would make if I wasn't there to supervise anyway .