Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Express

Default Pizza Express

Help!!

We have a real hankering for Pizza Express (back in the UK) but have not found anything that fits the bill just yet! Can anyone recommend a good alternative in Auckland?

Please do not suggest Pizza Hut or Dominos or we might turn nasty!!eyes:

Ta muchly!

Don't Pizza Express deliver ?

Might be a bit cold by the time it reached you I guess.

Its years since I had Pizza Express - but Non Solo Pizza in Parnell are certainly one of the better pizzas we have had.

Neil

Not sure how good Pizza Express were, but try Hell's. They're all over NZ, do fantsatic pizzas - and they deliver

Dougie

As a pizza lover I also can vouch for Hell.

You can find them at number 667 - the neighbour of the beast

sorry, I'll get my coat.....

GPK is quite good for pizza as well. Depends where you are in Auckland as I don't think they deliver - they have places in Mt Eden and Ponsonby. And possibly somewhere over on the shore too, but I don't know for sure.

I agree with Neil that NSP in Parnell is good - it's especially nice sitting in their courtyard in the summer next to the fountain with a glass or two of wine.

Hell's pizza are nice, but don't measure up to pizza express. Might be the lack of authentic mozarella over here! I have a hankering for one of the pizza express puddings.....baby figs in marsala wine syrup with a big dollop of mascarpone & a coffee.

Now, I may be hallucinating, but I am sure I've seen them in the fridge at Foodtown....or I am I dreaming of Sainsbury's?

Gil

You could try making your own?? I cook mine on a baking tray (the ones that have holes in to help stuff get crispy!), or you could be flash and buy a pizza stone....

I can give you a dough recipe if you like, it makes a nice thin crispy base! And you can top it with whatever you like....

Other than that, Hell seems to be good enough...

Thanks for the replies so far. Looks like the Parnell option is a starter. Definitely like the idea of sitting out in the courtyard with a glass of vino!

Hell Pizza...well, seeing as we are Christians, probably not a good option for us!!

Thanks for the info.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast