Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suits & Shoes

Default Suits & Shoes

I have heard Suits and Shoes are expensive in NZ.
    I am travelling out looking for work but wanted to travel light. I was going to buy my interview gear upon arrival.

I can get a half decent Suit here from River Island for £100 and shoes I already have, or a cheap new pair will only cost £20. A shirt is what, £15.
    Has anybody got a good idea of the price of these items in a similar shop in Auckland?
    I don't want to buy Italian shoes and an Armarni suit by the way.

John

Near a North Island beach, in New Zealand

I'm not into the suit 'scene', but you can get reasonably good suits for $200-$300 NZ, and shoes from $40 upwards - black leather uppers.

For bargain prices all the time you should check out Dressmart, as it's an outlet and end-of-line clothing mall that has shops for lots of the big retail chains. The price of clothing there can be up to 70% off the normal price.

Just enter 'suits' in the search engine to get the names of stores that sell them.

Sorry to disagree but clothes are over priced and poor quality, yes I have been to the outlets. Quality shoes in particular are very expensive, get yourself to river island, M and S anywhere but buy before you get here. Have just had to go out and buy a load of offfice type clothes in the end I went on line ordered from M and S and I'm going to get it sent out.

Michelle

Default Where did you order the clothes from?

Would you mind to put the exact web address here for me. M and S of course pulls up all sorts of things in a search! WOuld like to see what there is out of the UK.
    THanks
    Jen

Hi unfortunately M and S only deliver in the UK I am getting my Mum to send it out. The web site is www.marksand spencer.co.uk if you are interested, its a UK institution.

Michelle

Near a North Island beach, in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle and Richard
    Sorry to disagree but clothes are over priced and poor quality.
    Well, they used to be better, but the government took all the 'controls' off of imported clothing, which put the local manufacturers out of business. Most of the clothing you buy here now is made in some low pay, third world country. :?

Interesting thread, if you pardon the pun.

What is the NZ dress code for Business Managers, as by the sound of it I need to do some shopping before we come over.

Also what about just casual wear is it still best to nip to Tesco's to get my good cheap casuals?

:

Come here and buy your casuals.. there are some great, cheap places and hey, you'll be buying NZ stuff from now on so why not get into the swing of things from the get-go

And that's coming from an ex designer-everything person! Really, you should SEE me now.. live in sandals, t-shirt and 3/4 length trews

What about for work, Should Andy stock up on suits, business schools and shirts?

Or is it the smart cas approach, he is looking at jobs as a Sales Manager, I hope there are some.

I would say for Sales Manager a suit would probably be a sure bet.

Luckily Warren goes to work in his jeans and t-shirt and I believe some of the programmers he's working with walk around the office in shorts and bare feet! ( Yuk! )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast