Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No go area's in Christchurch

It cost me $75 to get Amber fully vaccinated (that includes two visits) which included kennel cough etc and wormed, looked over. We'd just got her from the pound so wanted a thorough exam.

Boosters at our local vets are $50 once a year if I remember correctly.

Vet fees seem to cost as much as they do in the UK relative to income, iykwim! But directly compared to UK, cheap....

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    That's a nice wee place you've found there - and the fact that pets are welcome is amazing. You're near Sumner beach where there is lots of room to exercise dogs - and lots of locals do so, a great way of meeting people, I could spend hours chatting to folks there when we first arrived!!

Redcliffs is a nice area, too. Easy to get in to town by bus or car and has a supermarket, doctors, shops, cafes etc on your doorstep.

In my opinion the $380 is about right for the area, especially coastal. Are you going to jump on it? I would....!!

As for dogs, you have to have a special licence to have more than 2 (i think) dogs residing in a residential house so i think you'd need a special permit - but it's certainly a good idea. Failing that, we use Bunnylodge near West Melton which the girls LOVE going to - swimming pool, heated beds and radio

Helen
    As usual, you can only ever find perfect places at the wrong time! I would indeed jump on it if I were set to go, but I'm not

Thanks, Helen, for the info on Redcliffs - I like the look of it but it seemed quite far out - apparently not... I will be doing a good old reccie when I get to Chch in a few weeks time. I will be working near Hagley Park (are dogs allowed there? - I bet not!) How long is the drive from there to there?

How strange that you need a licence to keep more than 2 dogs, but I reckon that's probably a blessing to a lot of people. A friend of mine keeps 12 dogs in his back garden and I think that must be torture for his neighbours.

I hope it's not still so windy by the time I make it to Chch - now don't tell me it's like that all the time! (My sister said that the wind in Marlborough can drive people away).

Isn't it funny how a thread can turn completely around

Piper

Yep, you can walk your dogs in Hagley Park - very popular place to do so - lots of joggers and their dogs.

To get to Redcliffs from Hagley Park takes about, hmmm, 20 mins? K&CS has a better idea of those distances/timings...

And no, it's not always this windy - but we do get parts of the year where the winds (nor'westers) are prevalent. It's by no means a problem here.

HTH
    Helen

Thanks for the tips on Banks Peninsula Moorf. Not sure I find journeys over steep hills and nutty drivers particularly appealing. Do like the idea of a wee ferry trip though. Have to have a scout round when over in November.

Kim

Just a quickie as we're going on holiday but yes, Redcliffs and Sumner pretty close to town. Should take about 20 minutes or so to get to Hagley Park. Great area - really recommend it!

Kate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234