Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How small / remote is Oropi, BOP

Default How small / remote is Oropi, BOP

The wifes been looking at housing and found one she likes, just window shopping really. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere ! Its in the Tauranga District. Anyone got any info on the area in question ?

TIA

John

Default Tauranga

John, if you want to pm me, I can put you onto a couple of contacts on the ground in Tauranga. We are considering the same area.

Here you go Bubbles - found a map for you.

Looks like it's pretty near to Tauranga.

Jo B is going to Tauranga too. We'll be in Thames - not a million miles away.

Hope this helps.

http://www.multimap.com/wi/123810.htm

Diny

This may help on the school front

http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/disp...school_id=1870

I've been window shopping too. But I fancy either Bethlehem (not the middle east though) or Pyes Pa.

Timbo can you get your contacts on the ground to check out what pyes pa is like please.

I used the map Diny posted the other day when window shopping it was very helpful.

Jo

Diny

What's this then - are you definitely going to be in Thames now not Ashhurst. What about Barista??

Sandra

Don't panic Sandra - barista is still on.

We won't be living in Ashhurst (I'll PM you with reasons) .... but we will be regular visitors to that neck of the woods.

We will be in Manawatu when we first arrive so will catch up with you no worries.

Diny

Default Pyes pa/Oropi

John and Jo, here is the reply I received to your reuqests, I hope it helps:

Gday there Tim

i had to laugh...and its not your fault dude...oropi is on the edge of tauranga and is a suburb...kind of...its ruralish but really close...one horse town "town"...if you are looking at living there...its one of my picks mate....great place...there is a primary school a small service station and a fruit shop...good news is that its about 10-15 min drive from town..and a well sought after area to live....land prices are only going to explode that way and are pretty pricey allready....great place....other places which get my "big tick" as a place to live around here is pyes pa, ohauiti, maungatapu and oropi and perhaps welcome bay hills...all are suburbs and have smallish amenities and schools etc near by but not far out of the way...... the colleges/secondary schools are all in town so it wouldnt make much of a difference travel wise and there are free buses from all those areas for school kids

i could send you info via snail mail if you like..such as property guides local papers and maps etc if that mite help you...just say the word and giz an address etc....

rotorua is 40min drive from tga and taupo less than 2hours....there is loads of contractors here dude, work is abundant here in nz and tauranga(tga) you wouldnt have any trouble gettin work mate....golden homes...thats near me actually....

Default Second installment from different source.

Hi Tim, Oropi is a one horse town without the horse! They had a community hall but I think it was burnt down. Now there's not even a hitching rail!

It's very much a rural setting, farms & lifestyle blocks. Nice spot though.

The nearest shoping centre is Welcome Bay, about 8-10 shops! School would be the same but older kids would have to travel into Tga

From there the main shoping centre of Tauranga is about 15mins.

Waihi is nice, a small town with old buildings by NZ standards. At a guess the population would be about 5-10 thousand.

My pick would be Kati-kati, closer to Tga & a bit more work I would think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast