Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cockroaches, maybe!

Default Cockroaches, maybe!

So I moved into a house recently and there was and is no evidence of these dirty little blighters.

BUT, was making a cup of tea the other week, opened the cupboard to get a teabag out and there was this little bug, looking suspiciously like a teeny little cockroach Picked it up with a tissue and put it in the bin and checked all the cupboards for any more. All clear.

Sitting on the sofa a couple of days later, throw over my legs, look down, there it is again! After nearly throwing up I once again pick it up in a tissue and put it in the bin.

Still not entirely sure it is actually a cockroach.

Yesterday, noticed on the ceiling in the lounge, there it is again. So now I'm confused because what I know of cockroaches, seeing them on the ceiling is a bit odd. It's on the ceiling so I can't get at it to retrieve it and well, quite frankly, I'd like to stay as far away as possible

Now I'm in bed and have noticed, again on the ceiling, a rather larger version of one of these bugs.

It's grossing me out! I don't like it! I don't know what they are and I dread to think I could have a roach problem! The place is clean. No food scraps, Plastic bin with secure lid in the kitchen.

Please someone tell me there is a perfectly harmless, not so disgudting bug out there that I am mistaking this for because it's really beginning to freak me out.

Oh, what an unpleasant thing to have happened.

I found this. http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/re...e.asp?Ca_ID=47 They say that, apart from the American and German ones, they're not a problem in the house. I hope your visitor is one of the good guys.

Hmm, doesn't really look like any of those, or the ones I've seen on property inspections (I really love my job sometimes).

Maybe I'll try and get a picture tomorrow...............

I'd get yourself a Robocan, that should keep them out, we used to get the odd one, in the kettle which was a nasty surprise & once in the kitchen roll which I was just about to blow my nose on & felt something wriggle
    Not had one since (touch wood) we got our can

They are grim... I found one this week in my son's bedroom on the wall. Haven't had one for ages. Get a can of "raid " and spray around doors and skirting boards, it stinks a bit ( a couple of hours) but the effects last for up to 6 months, after we sprayed the first time we found a few dead ones where we had sprayed and this seemed to stop the problem. Now we only get a few occasionally.

My understanding of the robo can thing, is that it flushes them out rather than kills them. but the good thing is you know that you can get them then.

We frequently get them in newspapers from the mail box too. I hate them and jump everytime I open the newspaper now. I roll my newspapers with a rolling pin now before reading it.

Our Robo can kills everything, although we are lucky to not have found a cockroach since we had it just plenty of dead other stuff all over the place, they are great if only they would get rid of the bodies

I can tell you for sure that the robocan kills flies and ants at the very least.

But if you have a fish tank make sure you get a lid on it because it will kill your fish too.

Quote Originally Posted by dilanium View Post
    I can tell you for sure that the robocan kills flies and ants at the very least.

But if you have a fish tank make sure you get a lid on it because it will kill your fish too.
    Didn't know that thanks, will have to let my friend know

I know how you feel. When we moved in to our lovely modern rental house we had quite a few roaches between the house and garage. We set our Robocan up in the house, cleaned all the windows, frames outside (where we also found some large black beasts of spiders) then applied the Outdoor raid around all doors and frames. Touch wood nothing since.. except a few mice but that's a whole different story

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Didn't know that thanks, will have to let my friend know
    No worries. It's safe to use around greyhounds though (who can have serious reactions to certain pesticides (including those in some flea treatments! ).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast