Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five a Side in Christchurch

Default Five a Side in Christchurch

Anyone here playing "5-a-side" soccer in Christchurch.
    Need to get some exercise, seems like a good start

I will play but might not be in new zealand for another year or so yet as we are just applying

I will be pretty round by then.

Cheers anyway ,

are you a new zealender or you moved there from the uk?
    what are the views on soccer over there? do you constantly have to defend it against rugby?
    I hope its possible to still enjoy soccer whilst living over there in the christchurch area.
    I would plan to watch the local team and try to see the All Whites play also.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1234564 View Post
    Cheers anyway ,

are you a new zealender or you moved there from the uk?
    what are the views on soccer over there? do you constantly have to defend it against rugby?
    I hope its possible to still enjoy soccer whilst living over there in the christchurch area.
    I would plan to watch the local team and try to see the All Whites play also.

Were from the UK, we arrived nearly a year ago now.
    Soccer is played by a lot of kids out here and there are some really good clubs.
    Have the odd discussion about soccer/rugby but since the world cup they have all gone quiet.
    The local team is called Canterbury United. The only team playing a higher standard is the Wellington Phoenix who play in the Australian league.
    Too many poms here not to be able to enjoy the soccer.

Do me a favour please and call the game by its proper name which is Football. Even the NZFA have dropped the tag SOCCER to come in line with all other associations around the world,so no need to use that stupid word anymore.

Now all do me a favour and spread the word.

Kim

Unfortunately all the kiwis still use it around here so it becomes a bloody habit, but couldn't agree more.

Hi...Action Indoor Sports and Howzat host 5 aside FOOTBALL leagues, I play in Action Indoor Sports at Hornby every Thursday evening...we are made up of a core of poms (late 30's 40's), with a few young "locals" thrown in for the speed and fitness side of the game.
    The team name is Grumpy Old Men...which sums it up nicely!
    Always on the look out for fresh "talent", we are not very good..but try hard..and enjoy the weekly torture...so if you are interested drop me a line.
    cheers Andy

oh...also there is a 5 a side league at English Park which has only been running a few weeks......there is also a good few league of 11 a side to choose from in winter....hardly winter...you know that period when it gets cool, and the sunsets earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by coopers View Post
    Hi...Action Indoor Sports and Howzat host 5 aside FOOTBALL leagues, I play in Action Indoor Sports at Hornby every Thursday evening...we are made up of a core of poms (late 30's 40's), with a few young "locals" thrown in for the speed and fitness side of the game.
    The team name is Grumpy Old Men...which sums it up nicely!
    Always on the look out for fresh "talent", we are not very good..but try hard..and enjoy the weekly torture...so if you are interested drop me a line.
    cheers Andy
    Hi Andy,
    I fit with team description, late 30's, unfit, not very good and grumpy
    What time do you normally play at?
    Cheers
    Jonathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast