Thread: Old Clothes and Charity Shops!

Default Old Clothes and Charity Shops!

I haven't really noticed any charity shops here. In UK you had the obligatory Oxfam etc all over the place. What does one do to get rid of old/shrunk/unwanted clothing here in Auckland? We haven't had any collection bags round in months.

We're inundated with collection bags here! And in the village is the Salvation Army shop and the Auckland Hospice shop. Link to sally army stores here:
    http://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/SITE...ily_stores.asp
    and Auckland Hospice shops here: http://www.westaucklandhospice.org.n...&idDetails=116

Gil

Look out for Blue collection bins in the area, also look out for 'Co-operative' shops. If its kids clothes maybe try your local Plunket branch or your local churches. Also all the schools round here are about to have their Gala's (summer fetes), are there any near you that might want whatever you have?

Just a few suggestions...
    Anneliese

A lot of church community centres have an "op" shop attached to them too.

Oh and keep an eye out in the local press for "Plunket Sales" you can get some great stuff at them for kids (my friend has had some good bargains from them), I've just never made it or forgotten about them by the time they come around.

The other thing a friend of mine did was ring the womens refuge, and they came and collected her baby clothes she no longer wanted.

http://www.womensrefuge.org.nz/index...8BC574980A75ED

Unfortunately it is not kids clothes i'm getting rid of, but my old t-shirts...most have shrunk a bit in length but are otherwise OK. Will have a lookout for salvation army shop.....probably easiest thing to do.

do they have Save-mart? we have one and they buy and sell clothes - I got a white shirt for a fancy dress for $2 - I am taking all jasons old stuff there - hope i can get a decent price for it!

Kat

Never thought of Savemart, didn't realise they bought clothes too (but. duh, where do they get stock from you stupid woman!) I keep meaning to go and look at our local one, never made it though... (there is one at Northcote I think too)

Oh, and womens refuge take womens clothes too (along with household items and furniture).

I still have a pile of stuff in the spare room I have not got round to taking anywhere! Wish someone would visit, means I would get my act together and tidy it!

There's a charity shop in Devonport and also charity bins for clothes in the New World car park in Devonport, so they might be in other supermarket car parks also?

We get delivered pink bags every few weeks and we put our stuff in there and leave out on the pavement for collection.

Cheers

Tia

Save Mart are brilliant!

There is a huge one in Wanganui and they sell second hand stuff and manufacturers end of ranges or seconds too.

Went in yesterday with Carol and 2 hours later left with 4 or 5 bags stuffed full between us. I got 2 summer outfits and a linen jacket for $26.