Thread: Football coaching job offered

Default Football coaching job offered

Have to share it with you all as i have been offered a part time post as Football Coach at St Peters School just outside Cambridge. Its a private school, so the position is a paid one

Well chuffed as this is something i've really wanted to do. Been doing a bit of coaching in TA,but its the first time someone has offered me cash to do it. Quick chat this arvo led to the position being offered. Was told, even though i don't have any coaching quals the fact that i am from the UK means i will show a lot of passion and commitment to the role.

Where next............watch your jacksy Mr Mclaren

Kim

Well done you!

Being paid for something you enjoy? Priceless....................

Well done Kim, I went there the other day to the farm, it all looks very impressive, a driving range and everything.

A great opportunity.

Jo

Good one Kim!

The extra cash will come in useful too ..... although I'm sure Elaine and the girls will have it spent twice over already.

Fantastic, I can see you loving every minute of that.

Hope you better with them than you do with Inter Mi-nan

You can do a recruiting job for the Kiwi league whilst you're at it !

Great news Kim! Congratulations

Sounds great, wouldn't mind doing that as I do it for free every weekend for my sons team anyway
    Slightly off topic, but what is the kids football (sorry, soccer) like. My son is quite good and I would like it if he can continue to play at a good standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    but what is the kids football (sorry, soccer) like. My son is quite good and I would like it if he can continue to play at a good standard.
    Firstly its not SOCCER, its footie!!! NZ has gone with the rest of the globe and renamed itself the NZFA, so no need to use the word soccer anymore.

The youth game is of a poor standard really. Locally its useless, but at a national level its so so. The game only takes the kids to the age of 12-13 and then you drop into the auspices of the schools, so basically as there isn't any proper coaching the kids don't develop. I hope i can help where i am going as i have the passion and drive for the game unlike the gimps who run the game over here.

Kim

Well done Kim, you will have joined the few that have managed to get the dream job - hopefully things are looking up for you, and you can start to really enjoy your work.

Now does anyone need a horse riding instructor/interior designer/ seamstress???

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    Firstly its not SOCCER, its footie!!! NZ has gone with the rest of the globe and renamed itself the NZFA, so no need to use the word soccer anymore.

The youth game is of a poor standard really. Locally its useless, but at a national level its so so. The game only takes the kids to the age of 12-13 and then you drop into the auspices of the schools, so basically as there isn't any proper coaching the kids don't develop. I hope i can help where i am going as i have the passion and drive for the game unlike the gimps who run the game over here.

Kim
    Thanks for the info - happy 'soccer' has gone, just can't bring myself to use the word.
    Good luck in the job, maybe I'll ask more questions nearer when I move and see what you think after being in the job.