Thread: Changes To Sponsorship Forms For Residence in NZ

Default Changes To Sponsorship Forms For Residence in NZ

This website maybe of interest to anyone who is sponsoring someone for Residency in New Zealand. The changes on the Sponsorship Form came into effect as of this month.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ponsstream.htm

Cheers,

Suzanne

Default Police Checks for Sponsors if lived outside NZ > 12 months

Hi Suzanne

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I heard about this a few weeks ago, rang NZIS before the website was updated and was assured that our imminent application wouldn't be affected. But of course, new forms means changes and now we realise that as we both lived in Australia for 2 years that not only do I need one as the partner which is already in process, but my OH, Jo needs one as the sponsor.

Another £72.62 for fingerprints. Another $100 AUD for the criminal records check, plus postage etc. But more importantly another month waiting before we can submit our application. Ah well, gotta roll with the punches eh?! But once again thanks. As we had finished putting together our application (all 11 A4 envelopes) and may well have submitted it without knowing and then had more delays when NZIS comes back to us with the request.

================================================== ========

NZIS website now states:

Can I sponsor my partner?

While we welcome your partner to New Zealand, you must be an eligible sponsor, and your partner will need to meet a number of requirements before they can apply for residence under the Family Category (Partnership Policy).
    To sponsor your partner you must:

* be an eligible sponsor and meet our character requirements
    * complete a Sponsorship Form for Residence in New Zealand (NZIS 1024, pdf) on which you
    o declare you are eligible
    and
    o attach evidence of your immigration status
    o if you are aged 17 or over, attach police certificate(s) from any country (except for New Zealand) in which you have lived 12 months or more in the 7 years before the application is made.

Interesting reading, I thought that UK passport holders could visit NZ for up to 6 months in any one year - has this changed?
    My folks are hoping to visit us once we are settled on that basis....

jspokes... I came across this change to the Sponsorship Forms while I was researching these Forms for my husband's immigration to New Zealand. I was totally unaware of the changes. We received my husband's FBI check about two weeks ago and now we have to turn around and send in the paperwork for my FBI check. Had we known of this change earlier the two requests for FBI checks could have been sent in at the same time. I understand what you are saying about more expense as the same applies to us and I am sure to alot of other people. I only need one FBI check, NZIS will do the New Zealand one for me. Still this will hold up our sending in my husband's application.
    Good luck with your application.

Den... I cannot comment on whether this will affect your parents visiting you once you are settled in New Zealand. Maybe someone on this forum could be of more help.

Cheers,

Suzanne.