Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White tail spiders.

Friend of mine was bitten 7 times at once and was very ill as the poison takes approx 5 weeks to go through your system, so 7 x 5 = 35 weeks ill. He was out of the game for around 4 months.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    There's a bit of an urban myth in NZ that whitetails cause your skin to necro'wotsited- eats away skin - but I'm assured it's not true...
    I got bitten by one in Sydney and this is what started happening to my foot. I started having a hole appear in the foot and a large red line started going up my leg from my foot. I went to the doc and they reckoned it was heading for my lymph gland at the top of the leg. If left much longer she reckoned it could have been serious. Had to go to the doc every day for 2 weeks to get the 'poison' taken out and was on anti-biotics for 4 weeks.

That said I'd heard the NZ ones were 'tame' compared to the Oz variety.
    Steve

Just like to say thanks guys guess what decided it wanted to sleep in my bed last night?????. Luckily hubby noticed it just before I got in & several attempts later it was finally dead after reading the last couple of posts I'm now paranoid & will checking the bedding everynight forever
    Jackie

Sorry Jackie. I won't mention I got bitten whilst asleep in bed Actually thought it was just a mossie bite and tried treating it with a bit of dettol and a kitchen knife. I didn't go to the quacks until a few weeks after when got a bit worried by this big red line from my foot to halfway up my shin.

As I say I've heard the NZ ones are ok

Ive seen a few around the house but no one has been bitten, ive been told its like a bee sting and some people react to it and some dont, a friend of mine was bit while walking the dog, it looked like a burn, she never saw what bit her she just assumed it was a white tail.h

Quote Originally Posted by jackie m View Post
    Just like to say thanks guys guess what decided it wanted to sleep in my bed last night?????. Luckily hubby noticed it just before I got in & several attempts later it was finally dead after reading the last couple of posts I'm now paranoid & will checking the bedding everynight forever
    Jackie
    Hence why we only have light coloured bedding - easier to spot them!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but I had heard that the bites in Oz are worse because of the diets of the white-tails there - i.e more poisonous prey?

My kids know about white tail so i get sound of squealing in exicitement from them every time they found any type of spider but I found a spider inside washing waited to be ironing few times....

OK so now my skin is crawling and my head is itching and I want to lift my feet off the floor... I'm such a big girls blouse when it comes to creepy crawlies. Am definitely going to keep on top of getting rid of cobwebs now just in case.

Anneliese

I'm such a big girls blouse when it comes to creepy crawlies.

Pssst - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by mgbridges View Post
    OK so now my skin is crawling and my head is itching and I want to lift my feet off the floor... I'm such a big girls blouse when it comes to creepy crawlies. Am definitely going to keep on top of getting rid of cobwebs now just in case.

Anneliese
    Now I was told that if your house was full of cobwebs this was a sure sign that you didn't have white tails. As I said, I have no other spiders in the house as my white tails eat them all

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast