Thread: Help! My F&P dishwasher drawer is possesed..

Exclamation Help! My F&P dishwasher drawer is possesed..

...and won't stop bleeping at me!

There is a red light on and it bleeps continually, I've tried turning it off but it doesn't work and I can't find the power supply switch (new house and all that). Any ideas what is wrong or how I stop it bleeping its driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance,
    Anneliese

Does it show an error code on the display?

have a look here...

http://www.fisherpaykel.co.nz/global...-care_home.cfm

I had to fix ours the other day (not a dishdrawer though, so cant be any more help)

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't have a display and I don't know which model it is. Previous owners of the house didn't leave any instruction manuals. Its an integrated single drawer with a facia that matches the rest of the kitchen cupboards, if that makes sense.

The pump keeps running as well! Argh!

Can you open it? sometimes when ours flings a hissy fit sometimes just opening and closing it works.

CAn you wheel it out at all? Cos the model number will be on the back, or maybe just inside the drawer?

Just checked on the troubleshooting section of the website and selected dishdrawer, intermittent beeps says its in pause mode, and you need to close it again and hit start... ?? heres hoping it stops soon!

I could get the bleeping to stop but not the motor to stop running. Fortunately I've traced the power cable to its plug and turned the b****r off! I think we've managed to kill it so I'm going to have to get somebody out to look at it... just what we need the week before we have visitors!

What I'd really like to do is rip the thing out and put the proper Bosch dishwasher we brought with us in its place - I hate the F&P drawer! Guess I'll have to see how much it will cost to repair in comparison to getting rid.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
    Anneliese

Sometimes switching things like this off at the wall and allowing about 10 seconds for a full shutdown will reset it. The switch is probably under the sink, or in a neighbouring cupboard. Failing that switch off the ring main at the fuse box, and count to 10. You need to stop it, if the pump is running dry for a long time it will burn out.

Default Not a fan of F&P either

What I'd really like to do is rip the thing out and put the proper Bosch dishwasher we brought with us in its place - I hate the F&P drawer! Guess I'll have to see how much it will cost to repair in comparison to getting rid.
    My uncle just recently bought a new F&P dual dish drawer last week. Store price was around $1700. The 1st wash was a huge disappointment which left spots all over their dishes and somewhat... filmy. They got the Electra guy to come in and he suggested to completely level the unit. Straight out of the box, the F&P dishdrawer has a tendancy to tip forward when you try to pull the drawer out - which means you really have to secure the unit or have a proper toe board that supports the front of the unit - poor design? Perhaps we should look at NZ Consumer Report. I know the past they've had many problems of leaky seals and weak plastic handles that crack.

I think part of the problem is that the house water supply is gravity feed and not on mains pressure supply from the city. (not enough pressure to properly clean the dishes?).

My 1st pick for dishwashers would be the Maytag - unfortunaly not available in NZ. Those familiar with the company, Maytag got it's name for it's ultra high reliability portrayed in their TV commercials throughout the 80s and 90s. The commercial always showed the service man sitting around doing nothing at the Maytag service centre. Really, they built their dishwashers in commercial grade - quite simply to not break down. Today, Maytag is into washming machines and fridges.. which IMO I have no experience or do not know of it's reliability. (i've only known them has a dishwashing company in N. America).

Another issue in NZ is the absense of high temperature dishwashers for home use. The ones used in restaurants that heat water up to 110C for the simple reason, to sanitise everything. But then again who would want to pay for the dear power bill? Just a thought...