Thread: Property rental in Christchurch.

Default Property rental in Christchurch.

Hello everyone!!

I've posted before a thread about house pricing and cost of living in NZ. Thank you for all your help.

I was wondering what locations or neighbordhoods are close to Christchurch airport, I would like something close to Christchurch city and not too far to the airport. Is it easy to find a 200-240 weekly rent? are there any hidden fees when you rent a property? I'm trying to put all this together and figure it out if We decide to move to New Zealand or not.
    Could somebody give me an idea about heating and electricity cost as well as water bill?
    If anybody has any extra information or recommendations please let me know
    Thank you all!

Sandi

www.trademe.co.nz has a good selection of rentals. You can search by price and in the $2-300 range there are 213 rentals for Christchurch City displayed as of today. This should be a good place to begin to find your information.
    An internet search for maps of Christchurch should give you an idea of suburb locations. Trademe often include a basic locality map for each property which you can zoom out to see how it lies relative to the CBD and airport.
    Good luck.

Default buses

consider places on the Airport and #10 bus routes. With a Metro card it's only $1.90 each way.

http://www.metroinfo.org.nz

FF

Thanks for the info ourquest and farfields!
    I will check that out!

One more question are there any hidden fees when renting a place? and also what's the average price for electricity and gas?

Thanks!

Sandi

Our latest monthly bill was for $75. During the winter I think it was nearly $200, but we were using oil radiators day and night. That's in a one bed apartment.

Ok, that's good to know,

Thanks for the info!! Farfields.

Sandi