View Poll Results: Recommend a Good Removal Company (UK-NZ)

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSS

2 5.41%
  • John Masons

11 29.73%
  • Doree Bonner

0 0%
  • Allied Pickfords

4 10.81%
  • White & Company

4 10.81%
  • BG Liners

3 8.11%
  • Crown Relocations

7 18.92%
  • Anglo Pacific

1 2.70%
  • Other Good Company (Please add comment)

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal Companies

Default Removal Companies

As most of you will have experienced (or about to experience) the hell of transporting your household goods to the otherside of the world.

I thought a poll to distinugish the Good from the Bad and the Ugly, might help those of us still trying to narrow down our chooses for the best removal company to use.

Please can you add to the poll if you can recommend a good company to use. Any other comments of good / bad companies are welcome!!.

Not sure why this didn't get much responce but we found out something that might be of interest re Crown Relocation.
    They (As far as I am aware) are the only firm who have their own fleet in New Zealand. All the others use agents such as NZ Van Lines who they have no control over.We have spoken to several people who have shipped their goods over from the UK and of those who had problems they were happy with the UK end but not with the NZ end.

Pickfords have their own NZ teams, but unless you are a multi-billionnaire then you probably won't be using them if the quote we got from them is anything to go by compared to others.
    Last edited by BaldyBeardyBloke; 11th June 2007 at 08:38 PM.

We're using Lanes of Cornwall, who are affiliated to Brittania Removals. They have been v good so far, very professional.

Hi we used GB Liners [not BG Liners as in the poll ] ,the guys were great at both ends ,nothing damaged or broken .

Our GB liners were based in Altringcham ,Cheshire.

Marie x

I have to admit that we found both Crown and Pickfords quotes way too expensive too.

We brought over a 20' container for £3,120 with Robinsons who use Conroys Removals at this end.

Both Crown and Pickfords quotes were around the £4,000 - £4,500....

Julie

xx

I completely echo Dave and Carolines comments. We were very happy with John Mason, and all our goods were really well packed, but dealing with the Moving Co at this end was a complete nightmare. In hindsight, I would not necessarily go for the cheaper quotes, as by the time I'd added in all the spurious bills for moving co's time in assisting in MAF inspections etc and the stress factor, people like Crown start to look more reasonable!

That said, I know lots of people had no problems..think we were a bit unlucky with the whole moving process!

We used John Mason, very good and no problems. Also used The Moving Company. They were brilliant and in fact, so good that we ahve just used them again to move all our stuff from the rental to our own home.
    Gil

We used Whites to get our container from Jersey to Auckland via the UK. It was then passed to Moving Co who could not have been better.

I'm a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for". We paid a middle of the road quote and at both ends we had people who seemed happy in their jobs and took pride in what they did - I take that to mean they receive a fair wage and are content with their employers.

If the money is not there to share around then it's the staff at the bottom of the ladder that suffer which is in turn passed on to the customer .

David.

Same as Pip, John Mason is great in UK side, but Moving Co is rubbish. Maybe it is only Christchurch's branch (Pip and I had Christchurch's Moving Co) is the problem unless did anyone find Moving Co in other areas is bad too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast