Thread: Question regarding NZQA Assessment Report

Default Question regarding NZQA Assessment Report

hi there! i received my ITA by email last thursday and i've been doing some reading about NZQA assessment report.

apparently, i need to have my qualifications assessed by NZQA to officially claim for the 50 points i self-assessed. from the mail i got, this is what i need:

• a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Qualifications Assessment Report stating that your qualification is comparable to a level 7 qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology.

i graduated from a university (in the philippines) that is listed from nz immigration site (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...anual/7939.htm) which mentions that it occupies Level 7 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.

having said that, i checked from NZQA how to obtain International Assessment Qualifications and come up with these options.

1) Pre-assessment Resullt Application - http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...ult/index.html

2) International Qualification Evaluation - http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...nal/index.html

now my worry is which should i obtain (if both are valid). what is the right assessment that i need? the first option is only for immigration purposes (as skilled migrant), which fits my case and requires less documents, and costs less as well. the second option is more expensive and requires a lot of documents, but may be used for reasons other than immigration.

hoping somebody here can help me figure out.
    thanks much!
    Last edited by yossarian; 25th November 2007 at 05:55 PM.

We actually had both done. When we were doing our EOI we had the Pre-assessment done to see if OHs qualification would reach the requirement level.

When it came to submitting our ITA the pre-assessment wasn't enough they expected the Full assessment to be done.

So, I would personally say have the full assessment done and forget the pre-assessment.

The website says

"If you require a Qualifications Assessment Report for any of the above purposes IN COMBINATION WITH IMMIGRATION, please be aware that the Pre-assessment Result (PAR) will only be useful for immigration (for an 'Expression of Interest' under the NZIS's Skilled Migrant Category). A full Qualifications Assessment Report will be necessary for other purposes, and therefore it is suggested that you complete a full assessment, as this will meet ALL the purposes above, including immigration"

I would read the "all other purposes" as being ITA

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkk View Post
    the Pre-assessment Result (PAR) will only be useful for immigration (for an 'Expression of Interest' under the NZIS's Skilled Migrant Category). A full Qualifications Assessment Report will be necessary for other purposes[/COLOR], and therefore it is suggested that you complete a full assessment, as this will meet ALL the purposes above, including immigration"

I would read the "all other purposes" as being ITA
    You need full assessment,
    go for it, also pay fast track fee if you can, I paid altogether 636 NZ$ to NZQA.
    Don't wast time, and send complete documents.

Good luck with your ITA...

Did you claim bonus points for absolute skills shortage? If so, then you will need a qar (full assessment) from NZQA. As long as your degree is in Computer Science, then I think you will receive a qar report that matches the level and subject matter of the occupation in the LTSSL.

I'm also from the Philippines. I got selected on Aug 15 ,07. But I'm still haven't receive my ITA.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    You need full assessment,
    go for it, also pay fast track fee if you can, I paid altogether 636 NZ$ to NZQA.
    Don't wast time, and send complete documents.

Good luck with your ITA...
    I agree. I had the Q.A.R done and this resulted in the
    CO processing my application quickly.

Sameer

thanks everyone! will go for the full assessment then.

@ricktee: i was selected last aug15 too, got the ITA recently so yours on the way very soon i suppose. goodluck to us!