Thread: Hutt Valley/Wellington - Xmas ideas with kids....

Default Hutt Valley/Wellington - Xmas ideas with kids....

Hi there
    Wonder if anyone could give us tips on what good things to do with the kids (4yrs,2 yrs and baby) in the run up to Christmas and over Christmas.
    Having only been here three months we're still finding our feet and are also moving next week (Kelson,Lower Hutt).

If anyone knows of ways to make it feel like Xmas/things to do/ways to make it lots of fun I'd love to hear them.....

First Xmas away from all family, so we are a bit anxious - the kids will have a fab time regardless but we want to make sure we have lots to do to keep us busy!! We'll miss our family in the Uk a lot as Xmas was always such a busy family time.

Also - where are the good places for the kids to see Santa ?
    In the Uk we used to go to an old stately home which would turn the place into santas grotto in December and the kids got great pressies - was so lovely.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by northernfive; 27th November 2007 at 09:36 AM.

Don't know if you've tried it yet but wotzon is very good for looking for events or things to do in the Wellington region.

For visiting Santa, I know that North City in Porirua has a Santa visiting at the moment and I'm sure that Queensgate in Lower Hutt will have one also?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by northernfive View Post
    If anyone knows of ways to make it feel like Xmas/things to do/ways to make it lots of fun I'd love to hear them.....
    Prime the barbie!!

I'd make it extra-special at home with decorations and stuff - with the lack of cold and dark it's not the same highlight that it is over here. Go to the beach, make the most of the difference! Since they're young they won't really know they're 'missing out' on what your experience of Christmas is.

Good luck with your move and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas! =)

Absolutely make the most of the difference!

BBQ xmas lunch on the beach or even a sandy treasure hunt! Swimming in the sea at xmas, you can't do that in the Uk unless you're mad and covered in lard!

The welly xmas parade has been and gone but the Mall at Porirua usually has Santa sitting there and lots of xmas kids things on in the holidays, so I'm also assuming Queensgate LH will too.

http://www.wellingtonnz.com/KNOW/Wha...Wellington.htm

HTH.