Thread: pipe fitter jobs

Default pipe fitter jobs

my oh is a qualified pipe fitter and currently works as a maintenance fitter in an energy plant.does anyone know what the job situation is for his line of work.we are thinking of auckland as our location.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie2 View Post
    my oh is a qualified pipe fitter and currently works as a maintenance fitter in an energy plant.does anyone know what the job situation is for his line of work.we are thinking of auckland as our location.
    I don't know about AKL but do a search on Yellow Pages - or even Google

I did and its brought up this selection

But they are needed everywhere - so you don't need to limit your areas

Kat

cheers thanks for that info.will show it oh when he comes in from the pub.he is quite confident that he will find work as he is a man with many talents and good at what he does.[so he tells me anyway]

I reckon there would be some good opportunities for pipefitters. Also, I work in the Fire industry and I dont know if he has ever fitted sprinkler systems but a hell of a lot more buildings out here are sprinklered (compared to UK) and they all have tons of pipework to deliver the water to the sprinkler head.

Just another area you might look at. Good Luck

hi cityblue,yes he has fitted sprinkler,dryrise systems for the fire dept in uk.he is very experienced and has contracted all over the uk,africa,germany,hungary.he is looking forward to working in nz.thanks for your info.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie2 View Post
    hi cityblue,yes he has fitted sprinkler,dryrise systems for the fire dept in uk.he is very experienced and has contracted all over the uk,africa,germany,hungary.he is looking forward to working in nz.thanks for your info.
    Sounds like he wont have any problems. Really with the sort of experience you mention he might want to think about project managment of the jobs as it will probably pay a hell of a lot more than the actual fitters. IMHO

hi cityblue,yes that is an option also.he has been site foremans and supervisors but as a contractor he never stayed put.but that has given him vast knowledge in his job so he could look at that possibility.still at the house up for sale stage so dont know when we will be going over there.got to be before nov 08.i am a nurse so we both have a good profession.thanks once again.