Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBQ Grill

There are lots of fire restrictions in place here at the moment - including on beaches. BUT.. do those little tin foil disposable BBQ's count as a fire? Just fancied a bbq of sorts on the beach but no fires without permit and in Banks Peninsula an outright fire ban

We're dryer down here than they are up there. They're a bit wet on the north island weatherwise, theres no fires within the city limits as I understand it u wouldn't have a clue about the disposable bbq. try phoning (or even better calling in) the fire brigade in the city to ask.

They're a bit wet on the north island
    :eek Can you say that!!

haha - don't u just love sound bites!

Among many things, I am first and foremost a barbecue purist........

Gas bbqs are *****!!!
    The manufacturers of them are the grotesque evil seeds of the devil at work in his quest to rid the world of the ancient and time honoured tradition of one man, his kill, and his fire!
    I will never lay down with the devil and give up my God given right to heat my own meat
    Operators and supporters of said artificial bbq devices are traitors to the "Order of the True Fire" and should be shot!
    They have become the unwitting imps of the devious and insidious machinations of the ungodly global corporate enterprises to de-humanise the populace of the western world with synthetic substitutes and political correctness all rolled in to one, to squash the ideals of free thought and movement for all except the very richest evil on the planet.
    I for one stand up and I say NO!

GIVE ME FIRE OR GIVE ME DEATH !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't like gas BBQs do you?!

Been waiting for that post for a while now!!

Hmmmmmmm :?
    Methinks that rant is a bit over the top :P

So .... I guess I won't be taking the gas BBQ with us then.

Diny

OK PB when we have a BBQ we will make sure you're not on the invite list. Diny can come though.

BBQs serious business this. I nearly lost my life long best friend when Peter had the temerity to laugh at her giant enormous gas guzzling BBQ.

I think he still has the bruise where I had to kick him on the leg.

PB You have a household of supporters here. Nothing better than one man, his meat and his fire. I just sit back as one woman, her glass of wine and her deckchair.

Nicola

Its funny though because my own preference is for a wood fired bbq and solid plate, just that running a bbq at a backpackers in the centre of a town filled with wooden houses it just seems a tad more sensible to go with the gas. Far to many piromanics about once the other sort gets going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast