Thread: Venison and Wild Pig in the Hutt / Wellington

Default Venison and Wild Pig in the Hutt / Wellington

OK,

We're having an 'orphans christmas' with some expats from SA, UK and India this year, and again we are having special BBQ. This year I was planning on Bambi and Wild Pig steaks with a 'beer bum' chicken done in the barby. Problem is I'm having trouble finding a butcher who can get game meat in the area.

As I don't really have a big enough rifle to 'catch my own' can anyone recommend a butcher in the area, or a hunter who wants to sell some 'surplus'?

Rod

It's a bit of a trek, but you could try ringing the Island Bay butcher

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/list...-butchery-ltd/

or maybe the Game Board know of one? http://www.finda.co.nz/business/list...ndustry-board/

HTH

Bit of a trek I know but the Greytown Butcher (Wairarapa) has quite a bit of game in, noticed Wild Pig last week in the freezer and he nearly always has venison in

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlingbadger View Post
    Bit of a trek I know but the Greytown Butcher (Wairarapa) has quite a bit of game in, noticed Wild Pig last week in the freezer and he nearly always has venison in
    Aha!

.... not much of a trek as I usually take my motorbike over the takas into the Wairarapa most weekends. Don't suppose you know what hours he works over a weekend do you?

Although thinking about it I'd better give them a ring on Monday and see what he's got and get some put aside for the weekend!

Many thanks to all,

Rod