Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: which mobile phone do you use???

Currently i have the phone i brought with me 2 years ago which is the Motorola E550, but i ordered 2 from the UK for xmas, and these are the Sony Ericsson W300i, one for me and one for daughter. I feel you get a better phone via the UK rather than buying here, as the price is just too much. These two cost me 100 squid for both, and just unlocked them via www.mrunlock.co.uk have been offered $450 for one since i have had them.

Kim

Hey Kim the Gringe is comin on over xmas, reminds me of u every time

Jub Jub just a word of warning with the sony ericsons, I took my k750i over and dan his k800i we both luved them but both of them started havin problems charging. They wouldnt charge via their chargers, sounds strange I know but stevied can testify to tryin everythin possible to get mine goin, he cleaned the charger end of the phone, took the actual charger to bits with a big knife and could not come up with logical explanation why. I had a new battery sent over from UK, tried diff chargers to no avail. They would charge via a usb cable on laptop but even after a 24hr charge there was hardly any life in them.

I hope this never becomes the case for you but just incase u will know ur not alone!

Leachio, I bought mine over here, so hopefully it will be fine cos its got an NZ charger and all... fingers crossed!

I have a samsung U600. Got this as part of my contract. Chose the phone 'cos it is slim and fits in my pocket and has a really good camera. Saves having to carry phone & camera around when we go out. Hopefully will get it unlocked so I can bring it with me.

I have Nokia N73, very nice phone. No one can beat nokia....even their simplest phone is just perfect. Samsung, LG, Sony Erics..etc suite ladies...Motorolla is loosing market shares...
    I will try iPhone however..but it has poor camera, big in size, only work with some carries...however it is a cool device...

N73 was the best then (a year before), it's only disadvantage is no wifi....

Default N95

Nokia N95 (parallel imported because I wanted it to be unbranded so that none of the features would be disabled by Vodafone) and absolutely love it !

It has a great 5 Mpx camera (which is the main reason I bought it, like Nickydwuk, I too prefer to travel light ), extremely useful calendar function which can synchronise with Outlook (third most important feature to me after the phone and the camera), an excellent music player and GPS (unfortunately the maps for NZ aren't the best as yet, but a potentially useful tool nonetheless, hopefully the maps will be upgraded soon...).

Don't use all the fancy Internet features on it though because I still find data costs waaayyyy too expensive....

Cheers,
    Silver

iPhone (hacked)

I bought the cheapest Nokia I could find in Sainsbury's 30 quid including a 10 quid top up voucher - it's 'awesome' no gadgetry and works a dream with my NZ chip!

I had a brick of a Nokia, which I'd had for years, but I dropped it earlier this year and had to get a new one as the screen broke.

I now have a Sony W880i, which is OK. Bit too small for me, as I frequently lose it in the depths of my bag. I only use it for calling and sending texts - I don't use all the other gadgetry it has...

I am tempted by an iPhone, but only because that would save me carrying my iPod and phone with me. I just don't want to pay the extortionate price that they are at present.

Quote Originally Posted by ourquest View Post
    I gather this is how you define yourself. New Zealand might not suit you as much as you thought.
    How on earth can you make a statement like that from a harmless thread?

Seriously though, maybe you should read your post back to yourself before you post it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast