Thread: Hire a Hubby

Default Hire a Hubby

Anyone have any experiences of the above company ?

We have bought a new kitchen from Placemakers and need the old one ripping out and new one fitted. Didn't know where to start so rang these guys who are going to get a quote to us.

What does anyone think of them?

ALSO - any reccomendations for anyone else we could get a quote from (Kelson,Lower Hutt)

Cheers!!!

I think I saw a programme about this franchise and it didn't get a particularly good review, although of course it is luck as to who you get on the day.

Personally I would look for someone who mainly does kitchen fitting and has carpententry skills. Walls are very rarely 100% straight and you need someone who knows how to allow for these things and can adjust your cabinets accordingly.

Also you need someone who knows current regs, we had a new kitchen fitted and the GIB behind the gas cooker had to be special fireproof GIB, apparently its a relatively new rule.

If you don't have a personal reccomendation, then I would call 3 kitchen fitters (out of the yellow pages), get quotes from all and use this chance to question them about how straightforward the job is. Then ask to see examples of their previous work. Everyone I have dealt with, whether it be fitters or painters, have all been happy to show past projects.

Good Luck with it all.

Cheers

Tia

You could give these guys a try, I have seen quite a few good reports/recommendations on another forum I use.

http://www.greyskills.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    You could give these guys a try, I have seen quite a few good reports/recommendations on another forum I use.

http://www.greyskills.co.nz/
    I can only give you my personal experience which was these guys charge a lot more than other people and don't do the sort of job you would hope for. They even wanted to charge me a mileage charge and I'm in Christchurch, for heaven's sake!

Call the Placemakers store and ask for a couple of recommended installers - most stores will have a list of tradesmen in their area just for this purpose.

Neil

neilw71 wrote:

Call the Placemakers store and ask for a couple of recommended installers - most stores will have a list of tradesmen in their area just for this purpose.
    Good tip! Resene shops also tend to have a list of decorators.

Cheers

Tia