Thread: kindergarten or day care in Remuera

Default kindergarten or day care in Remuera

We just rented a house in Remuera Auckland. Can anyone suggest a good quality kindergarten or day care for my 3 YO boy?
    There are a few and I don't really know how it works ie what are we expect to pay per day and are there any subsidy from government. I would prefer a whole day care as I work from home and will probably look into putting him in there for 2 days a week.
    We are from Australia, I don't know if there is any arrangement with our government on that issue.
    Thank you.

The kindys don't open until 28th Jan, not sure if you'd get any immediate response from them until about a week before that. Not sure of waiting lists in Auckland either Don't know about day care centres.

Many of the kindys/day care centres took on the 20 free hours last year. It means your child is entitled to 20 free hours obviously If they stay longer than that you'll have to pay the extra, not sure of cost as we're under the hours at present.

Good luck in finding somewhere, unfortunately we're south of the North Island but have in depth knowledge of the kindys, had two children go through and one currently in morning sessions

My kids are school age now but a friend of mine has her girl in the kindergarten on Victoria Avenue and she rates it .. she moved her there from one near the fire station in Remuera which she (and I) were not too keen on). One of mine went to Constance Colgrove Kindy which is run by the Auckland Kindergarten Association (from memory) and it is fabulous .. but it is not full-time care, Three half days I think for 3 year olds and 4 half days for 4 year olds. It is not at all unusual for kids to attend more than one kindy/dayschool so check out the AKA ones.

Asides from that, look for the ones that are full - they will probably be the best ones! Have a look at them and if you like them, get put on the wait list then take anything they can give you even if it's just a couple of half days..... once you're in you can usually get the extra days you need.

We're just down the road from you Turtle, in Kohimarama .. if you need anything .. give us a shout!

Turtle wrote:

There are a few and I don't really know how it works ie what are we expect to pay per day and are there any subsidy from government.
    Check out this thread for some examples of childcare costs:

www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9683

The costs I posted are based on Devonport childcare, so I would expect Remeura to be similar or a little bit more.

No childcare places in Devonport offer the 20 free hours. And do expect long waiting lists. Search for 'childcare' or 'child care' to find other threads about securing childcare.

Cheers

Tia