Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Wanaka?

Default Anyone in Wanaka?

Looks like we've changed plan yet again and we'll be landing in Wanaka in early April to live - anyone around the area for advice and sympathy?

We're not close, but just wanted to congratulate you on being able to live and work in Wanaka - love it down that part of the South Island.

Well done guys, we''ll be over to Wanaka later in the year, either for the "warbirds over Wanaka" or to play golf at that super golf course.

We have had two holidays in Wanaka since being in NZ, beautiful place ...... ur very lucky to be settling there.

Lucky you as it is the areas that my OH and I would love to live there if we able to find a job there! Been there twice for holiday, lovely place

No, but we've just spent a day there. I think we made an impression - my daughter was copiously sick in the hall of holograms in puzzling world. The joys of exploring the South Island in a small van.....

Ohhh the poor thing - but I can see why, I was nearly very ill in the wonky room! Couldn't get my head round it!

Got a friend thats from Ceredigion Wales down there....she loves it. if your into the rural life and you love the mountains ..your gonna love this place...If you are a Classic Aeroplanes enthusiast then Wanaka Warbirds association is based there...plane spotters

2 hour travel time by car from Christchurch and has a good feeder network with Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by wales4eva View Post

2 hour travel time by car from Christchurch and has a good feeder network with Air NZ.

Think it's tad over 2 hours reckon it's nearer 5 and a half to six hours with stops.

Tis about 430kms from Chch and max speed limit is 100kph

Hi

We have lived and worked in Wanaka since getting PR 3 years ago and absolutely love it here. There are an awful lot of non-kiwis here, not sure if thats a good or bad thing, therefore a significant number of people who have been through the PR process and are fully aware of the pro's/con's and effects of moving to the other side of the world. I doubt its much different in many other NZ areas, - everyone is very supportive and it doesn't take long for people to know you live here (permanently). (v important as it means you don't end up paying full price for a lot of things!!!)

It is a great place for children - our Son is 16 months and has such a busy social diary already!!! Our second is due early April so we may be a bit tied up when you are arriving, but even so more than happy to answer any questions/help out/meet up when you arrive if you would like.

You will love it here as will your children.

Catherine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast