Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luggage allowance

Default Luggage allowance

Any advise on which airline will allow us to take a few extra kg on the plane with us - we have our PR and now trying to get best deal with regard taking maybe 30 kg rather than the usual 20 kg.

I am hoping to take few groceries to keep us fed up abit while we settle in - would that be problem - What did others take to use in their rental until we get our first NZ salary. Coffees, pasta tin food - am I being silly or what. I worry about battling when we get there and just settling in.

Yes I do worry about everything!!
    Jayne

We used Emirates and got 40kgs each as emigrating

Dont worry about the food " we have meat here in zee building" to quote Basil Fawlty

Hi

We came over on work visas, via LA, and were allowed 2x23kg per person with Air NZ............

Didnt bring any food with us - perhaps someone else can advise you on that ?

Sharon
    x

We got the following offers of baggage allowance:

Air NZ...25kg each plus a few extra allowances for stroller and infant carrier
    Singapore...30kg each but only 10kg for the baby, and infant carrier plus stroller.
    Emirates....40kg each and stroller.

All of them allowed 7kg carry on each and 5kg carry on for the baby.

Most also gave double baggage allowance if you travel via LA from UK.

In the end we went with Singapore as although not the maximum baggage they were the cheapest and we didn't need to mess around with copies of visas to get the extra allowance. We also did not go via LA...didn't fancy that nightmare with 3 small children.

We flew with emirates at 40kg per person, plus 2 car seat and pushchair as well as 7kg hand luggages per person

Thanks for all that advise - have seen Emirates do offer that 40kg buggage allowance - but wonder if that 20 hour journey is worth it.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Ian and Jayne View Post
    Thanks for all that advise - have seen Emirates do offer that 40kg buggage allowance - but wonder if that 20 hour journey is worth it.

Jayne
    Can't say about flying from SA, but Emirates were fab flying from the UK - my favourite airline. decent food, decent leg room, great staff and excellent in-flight entertainment system.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxG View Post
    Can't say about flying from SA, but Emirates were fab flying from the UK - my favourite airline. decent food, decent leg room, great staff and excellent in-flight entertainment system.
    hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by MaxG View Post
    hear hear (unless you got food allergies...beware! )

We fly on 12th Feb with Emirates, 40 kg + 7 kg hand luggage each, same for our 3 yr old (dont know how she'll carry it). Because were travelling with a child there throwing in a hotel room for the 7 hrs in Dubai, dont know if any other airlines do this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast