Thread: AniMate pet supplies in Wellington?

Default AniMate pet supplies in Wellington?

Has anyone been to this shop on the Hutt Road?

I want to go there tomorrow, to stock up on supplies for my moggies, but I haven't driven into Wellington yet (from the kapiti Coast area), and the directions given by the store were, frankly, appalling....

Can anyone suggest how to find it please???

Thanks,
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by JaneAS View Post

I want to go there tomorrow, to stock up on supplies for my moggies, but I haven't driven into Wellington yet (from the kapiti Coast area), and the directions given by the store were, frankly, appalling....

Thanks,
    Jane
    Which one do you mean? There is one just as you get into Wellington and there is also one in lower hutt?

Have you not just tried the local Warehouse they have plenty of pet supplies? Or if you visit the Warehouse in Porirua it has a pet store attached to it? Would be much easier to get to than Animates (from Paraparam) and is also likely to be cheaper.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JaneAS View Post

Thanks,
    Jane
    I'm guessing you want to get supplied on the way to the airport to pick the moggies up, still consider the Porirua option I posted previously but if you want to go to Animates in Wellington city then it is straight forward to get to.

Go on the SH1 towards Wellington.
    When you get to the Ngauranga Gorge, take the left lane which will exit just before the bottom of the hill (by the LVMartin store) and just follow the road (towards the City) keep going for a few Kms and Animates is on the left.

Ian

Thanks Ian - great post! I didn't know that Warehouse stocks pet stuff (I have no idea yet where best to shop for anything!!), and Porirua is much closer, so I will try there.

Cheers!
    Jane

There are 3 three pet stores in Paraparaumu a small one in coastlands (can't remember the name) Animalz in Hurley Road right off Kapiti Road after the airport(also a vets) also try the vets we use they have a big supply of foods which is Paraparaumu Vets of Ikhara Street round the back of blockbusters. Very nice vets aswell & rather cheap compared to some will offer discount if your lot need anything as you have more than one. Hope this helps a bit.
    Jackie x

When shoppng remember to ask "whats the discount please?" or "whats your best price please?", sometimes you're met with "a thats the price" but more often than not, you'll get a lower price

We've saved quite a bit this way, not so relevant on food shopping but white goods, furniture, garden cars etc always ask now

Hi!
    In the end I went to Animalz as it was the closest, and they were fab - thanks for the recommendation

Jane