Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any chocolate recommendations???

Yes http://www.schoc.co.nz/ is fantastic! there's a shop in Welly in Tory st and the original one in Greytown, on the right hand side before the centre as you drive in from Welly. Sorry to you Aucklanders but it beats devonport chocs hands down.

Oh and Moorf when you're here and you're still looking for a round bottomed Wok (yes I have a spooky memory ) go to Moore Wilson's as they have them and cheap too!
    How long will you be in Welly for?

On my newly found mission to sample all of NZ's chocolate I can report back on:

- Whittakers milk - rather good! reminds me of the Swiss chocolate in M&S

- Arnotts Mint Slices - gorgeous! just like Mint Viscounts, but more crunchy

Also, I tried a Cyclops organic chocolate yoghurt, and this was yummy! Rather a lot in one tub, but it comes with a lid, so could be saved for a 2nd session.

At this rate I am going to end up with a cupboard of part eaten confectionary!!!

Jane

Cadburys Rocky Road is to die for............... when you can buy these days, as everyone is after it!!!!!!!
    It is yummy!!!

Crunchie over here is yuk!

Can agree, Arnotts mint slices are yummy too, just like viscount.

My downfall though - pick n mix!!!!!!!!!

Sharon
    x

I tend to eat Whitakers, but you can get Green and Blacks out here. I think we Brits have quite different chocolate tastes to many other countries, in particular Europe.

Default Schoc is wonderful and a life experience

There is a Schoc chocolate in Welly and also in Martinborough. It is a life time experience if you can do some choc. tasting with one of the owners. Fantastic chocolate in some very unexpected flavors such as lime- chili. You can try hundreds of kinds of very fine chocolate- if you have the time. Highly recommended!

Wendy

got to go with the whitakers for the normal choc but am very partial to the cadburys crunchie choc slabs and the one thats got the plain white and dark choc in layers, forgotten the name.

Just get on with it & eat whats here

Eventually it tastes great ! DH is a chocoholic & he loves it all - I cant convince him to try rocky road or black forest though waaaahhh I love cherries ...

vic

We opened some whittakers chocolate we had lurking in the cupboard from my mum's visit a couple of months ago....but after a couple of pieces each we decided it was just too sweet for our taste!
    I am gonna have to get around to visiting that choc place in Devonport as I am really craving some hotel chocolat stuff tonight

there is also a chocolate coffee shop at Sylvia park not been in it, but it looks yum

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    there is also a chocolate coffee shop at Sylvia park not been in it, but it looks yum
    Ooooo....that sounds yummy. Not been to Sylvia Park yet. Just told OH and he sounded so excited..NOT (why can't men get excited about chocolate?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast