Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any chocolate recommendations???

Default Any chocolate recommendations???

I'd heard that NZ choc is, well, different, to British choc, and I found out when I had a Flake yesterday. Not good!

So let me ask, which chocolate bars here are worth seeking out? I don't eat much of it, but there are certain times when I NEED a chocolate fix. Say no more

Tonight I am test-driving a Cadburys Old Gold Peppermint, and it is rather nice - quite like a Fry's peppermint cream.

Any others?

Thanks,
    Jane

I know exactly where you are coming from!!!

I don't mind the cabury stuff that has differnet flavour centes, like the lemon cheesecake one, and the bosenberry shortcake, but can't abide the normal nz dairy milk.

Also try the Whitakkers chocholate, thats quite nice, only other thing I like is the Moro bars.

You'll just ahve to go on a chocholate tasting mission!!!!

If you are really desparate for some GOOD chocolate, you could always order on-line from Hotel Chocolat...they do international delivery, but are quite pricey. There is supposed to be a place in Devonport that does really nice chocolate and do mail order. No idea what it is called or if it is any good.....can you help Tia?

Cadbury Pinkys, love em! Choc, marshmallow & caramel YUM

Whittakers or Makana

devonportchocolates.co.nz scrummy. Went to find this place as we'd seen them stocked in loads of places on our visit. You can check for local stockists or order online, if you're in NZ.

Just checked, they don't deliver worldwide. Just have to wait until we come back........I'm on a diet anyway......sigh!

Helen

Hmmm Devonport chocolates are yummy. Its quite an unassuming shop from the outside but when you go in it smells of chocolate and you can see them all making it out the back. More of a special occassion choccie though as quite pricey. I like the mint logs, which you slice to share and the OH likes the chilli and lime bars.

We've done taste tests on our girly nights when we buy their smaller bars and you have to try them and try to guess what they are and see which you like best, much wine is consumed and life is good .....

I find I dislike NZ chocolate more if its got a UK equivalent just because my brain has a very set idea of what a flake should taste like, and if it doesn't taste that way its not happy!

My preference is for galaxy back in the UK (which you can buy in Takapuna for $5 a bar) but here, as a more everyday chocolate, I like 'Nestle Heaven' bars and 'Nestle Aero triple chocolate Temptation' bars.

And after 2 years I have nearly got use to the NZ Cadburys.

Check out these threads:

www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14131

www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10827

Cheers

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Tia Maria View Post
    Hmmm Devonport chocolates are yummy. Its quite an unassuming shop from the outside but when you go in it smells of chocolate and you can see them all making it out the back. More of a special occassion choccie though as quite pricey. I like the mint logs, which you slice to share and the OH likes the chilli and lime bars.

We've done taste tests on our girly nights when we buy their smaller bars and you have to try them and try to guess what they are and see which you like best, much wine is consumed and life is good .....
    Right then....i'm going to drop OH some big hints when my birthday gets a bit nearer (he always used to get me something from Hotel Chocolat, and I missed some decent choc at Chrsitmas).

Dont forget these guys...

http://www.chocolatetherapy.com/

Not had any of them, but I have heard some great reviews!

I've been advised to visit Schoc (sp?) on drive round N.I...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast