Thread: Cleaning products

Default Cleaning products

Do they have Miltons in NZ, its the only bleach I like to use. Also do they have Bath and Kitchen power - I've heard its originally from Australia.

Having looked at numerous houses on Trade me etc their bathrooms seem to be mould free - is this the case or just really clever photography.

Hi Dee.

Never seen Milton, although to be honest I have never looked, so I'm not much help there - sorry.

However, the only cleaning product that I have really (no, I mean REALLY) missed is Dettol Mould and Limescale Remover - the one in the green spray bottle.

I used to spray it on my bathroom tiles, especially around the shower area and after a minute or two any pink in the grouting would literally just dissolve as if by magic and all it then needed was a quick rinse.

Now I'm back to scrubbing........

Never heard of Bath and Kitchen Power.

Julie

xx

You can get milton, but only in tablets, I use it for sterlising baby cups.

Cant asnwer for powder as I dont use it, I use either pine o clean or janola or AJAX sprays

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-Dee View Post
    Do they have Miltons in NZ, its the only bleach I like to use. Also do they have Bath and Kitchen power - I've heard its originally from Australia.

Having looked at numerous houses on Trade me etc their bathrooms seem to be mould free - is this the case or just really clever photography.
    You can get both Kitchen Power and Shower Power here. Never seen or used Milton bleach - I don't actually use bleach very often, but generally just use Janola.

Thanks for your replies

Miltons is what parents use to bleach terry cloth nappies - which I never have - I just prefer it because its just a kinder bleach.

Glas to hear about kitchen and shower power - does it sort out mould or is it not such a problem in NZ.

Yes Andy-Dee, mould and mildew is a big problem here in NZ, especially in more humid climate like Auckland. Whenever we have been to open homes there is always a residual bleach type smell in bathrooms...so it seems most people blitz all the mould before selling houses.

I have seen Milton here in NZ...but it was in a chemist shop (in Westgate) near the baby section with the nappies. The best stuff we have found for mould here (similar to the dettol mould & mildew remover) is Exit mould remover...very strong and works a treat!

We used to use some of the Ecover products in UK and have been really pleased with some of the Eco-store products we have tried here in NZ, especially the laundry stuff...it lasts ages and ages.

http://www.ecostore.co.nz/

Also try:

http://www.nextgeneration.co.nz/products.hTMl

Thats good news on the Miltons - I like using eco products too, so I'll check it out.
    Many Thanks
    Dee