Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding up the weekly food bill!

Yes, happy to know any secrets.........wish we could cut down, but working full time, i dont get the time to make things 'from scratch' just rely on convenience foods i am ashamed to say.........

Sharon
    x[/QUOTE]

Don't be.... You're a busy working mum, I'm sure Kyle and co appreciate all you prepare for them at tea time!

Thanks for the tips guys....I'll try to be more observant, and check for those extra special offers in future!

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Know what you mean Lesley........

A typical shopping bill for us is anything from $160 to $190 per week, plus i must go to shops at least twice in the week for fresh milk, bread, etc.

I have tried Coundown, Pak n Save and New World. I find Countdown slightly the cheapest, have found our local Pak n Save not so good lately, and New World quite expensive.

I try and buy things like washing powder, butter, yoghurts, etc when they are on special, its much more practical.

Sharon
    How many do you shop for?? I just interested so i can compare with our shopping here in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf Junior View Post
    How many do you shop for?? I just interested so i can compare with our shopping here in the UK
    Hi Moorf Junior

Three of us i total - and thats just the 'basic' shop - not really any luxuries except we treat ourselves to a nice cake...........

Sharon

So, do you freeze all that cheese? Does cheese freeze ok? I too have learned to buy up on specials..especially chicken as that can be really expensive and is about the only "meat" we eat due to dietary restriction. We also eat the fresh tortellini as a quick meal instead of takeaways so I buy those when on special...an extra freezer is really helpful.

At the moment we are in a rental while we build our house and it has a fridge so now we have two and its freezer holds way more than ours so I am stocking it up! Our food bill is really high and there are only 2 of us and a toddler. But in our defense, we eat almost 3 meals a day every day...takeaways are rare as are meals out....

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    We've just found these guys

http://www.bininn.co.nz/

And there was me thinking we told you about them when you first got here..... Ho hum....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    And there was me thinking we told you about them when you first got here..... Ho hum....
    As in found physically

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Hi Moorf Junior

Three of us i total - and thats just the 'basic' shop - not really any luxuries except we treat ourselves to a nice cake...........

Sharon
    cool, thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12