Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwifery

Hi,

I am interested in this thread as I have a job offer as a LMC Midwife starting in Alexandra on 1st June.
    I am in the process of filling in my registration forms for the midwifery council and am struggling a bit with the reflections and producing evidence as I am a new graduate.

To thirty somethings - Could you please give me an example of one of your answers and do you think I could use my clinical competancies gained during my training as evidence for some of them.
    I will be working with a shared caseload and doing 2 shifts a week as facility midwife in the small maternity unit. My starting pay is 55,000 dollars. I will have full mentorship for the first year.

Thanking you in anticipation of any advice you can give me in filling in my registration forms.
    Martina
    x

Just spoke with a midwifery colleague of mine yesterday. Independent practise. $100K in third year of practise. Other more established midwives in her practise are earning $120K/yr. Good to know that midwives aren't taking a significant paycut to practise in NZ (from the US anyway) and to know that NZ values its midwives within its healthcare system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12