Thread: Horse riding instructor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Horse riding instructor

Hi,
    Is there much call for horse riding instructors in NZ? Also, are there many big riding establishments in NZ or is it mainly pony club and freelancing? Are there any national qualifications or are the British HOrse Society qualifications recognised? One last question... is it easy to get insurance to freelance?
    Thank you!

If you check out the list of long and short term skills you can see who's needed. Jockeys and stud workers (especially experienced stallion handlers) are on there. There's a huge bloodstock industry especially here in the Waikato. There's obviously the eventing side of things too. I can't help with the instructor side of your question, sorry.

Hi there, my sis is a freelance Riding Instructor, Im not too sure on how easy (or hard) it is to find work in private Establishments.
    I'm pretty sure the BHS Quals are not recognised over here either.
    I will be speaking to her later so I will find out for you and get back to you .
    :0)

Yup real riding instructors are rare - and freelancing seems the norm, lots of riding clubs organise lessons etc and they pay cheaper fee for group booking, one of our local saddlery owners also trains - I had jumping lesson with him - I learnt a lot about the way I had learnt to jump at PC as a kid - he had me jumping with my eyes closed!

Rachel is looking too carry on teaching at PC here when she moves, also check out your local RDA as they need help - and this then gets you known and hopefully paying jobs

Kat

My mistake !!!

BHS Quals ARE recognised over here !!

Quote Originally Posted by britchik View Post
    My mistake !!!

BHS Quals ARE recognised over here !!
    yes did think that was a typo - as most PC were teaching BHS standards

but they have their own versions nowadays