Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NZ Vs US Electronics

Default Moving

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words...just our way of giving back a little. As I’ve said before, I hope the good Karma will help us with our PR Visa!

It's really stressful and a bit scary to think of moving to the other side of the planet. :eek We know what it's like...the not knowing what to expect or do. So hopefully some of the things we can give back will make it a little easier for everyone else that follows…or if they’re really bright they may decide to stay right where they are!

I know there are a lot of people reading these posts that reply to keep things going plus there are plenty more that tend to stay "quiet". I also know that we all appreciate your hard work too. Keep up the good administrative, um, administration!

Coming back to what so should bring with you, I vote for take everything! We did and no regrets yet.
    The only thing I would like to add that when considering taking your fridge it might pay to check its energy usage. American appliances are IN GENERAL not well known for their energy effeciency. When I went looking for a fridge some years ago I looked at 2 models that seemed identical but had a $50 price difference. When the salesman (now intrigued) and I finally found the energy usage sticker wich was well hidden on the back somewhere, it surfaced that the more expensive one would be around $50 less to run per year! that made it an easy choice. Note that this was a fairly small fridge/freezer and the Kw price was around .10 It has since gone up to 14 cents and won't stop there.
    If you are doing calculations on taking appliances or not energy usage should be part of that calculation.
    If buying stuff here check out the label (its now mandatory to have these labels on everything), some of the stuff sold here seems based on very old technology and if you can recover the price difference in just one year I reckon its worth doing the sums. (not to mention trying your best for environment etc)

Cheers from sunny Wellington :cool ,

Miep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123