Thread: TomTom SatNav in NZ

Default TomTom SatNav in NZ

Just in case anybody's missed it, in my opinion by far the best SatNav package is now available for NZ.

Even better (for UK users) maps on the TomTom website are half price until 31 Jan (so hurry if you want them).

That means NZ is £60 or so, still expensive but not the eye-watering £120!

You can get the whole of North America for £35 at the moment - I guess the sign of much greater competition in that market.

Sounds a bargain......

Just brought a Garmin 60 CSX with all of the SI on micro card for tramping etc etc. Looked at buying it in UK and having it shipped out but decided in end to buy locally in case of problems.... managed a nice little bit of discount though

Very pleased with it so far, lots of features to play with It has a highways feature but not got to grips with that just yet.

We do find navigating round NZ a lot easier than other countries cos , well there arn't so many roads but having said that we've friends coming out who could get lost in a paper bag they'll be hiring one with the car

Just to make it clear benandclare, that £60 just for the maps, assuming you've already got the hardware and basic application). I think TomTom is the best, a far superior UI (User Interface) to other products and miles better than NavMan which was previously the only product available for NZ (even if it is an NZ company - which I instinctively feel I should be supporting).

The problem I find with SatNav is that people blindly follow it and suspend common sense, then blame it if it makes the slightest mistake (and that can often be user error or a basic mapping error from source),

Yes gathered it was for just the maps... Map World offer the whole of NZ on DVD for , on todays exchange rate £110, so "Bargain " from Tom Tom

Good spot